* Suggestions for new Ethernet driver?
@ 2016-10-25  5:10 David VomLehn
From: David VomLehn @ 2016-10-25  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm working with Aquantia to add a new 2.5/5 Gbps driver to the kernel.
It looks like it's going to one of the biggest drivers in
drivers/net/ethernet. The team that developed the driver is new to
kernel development processes, but are working to make it
checkpatch-clean and addressing sparse issues. Right now we're working
to split the code into small chunks for review. The sequence of patches
first targets basic functionality, then adding a feature at a time. Still,
it's going to be a lot of work to review.

Aquantia is committed to doing the work to add this to the mainline
kernel but it's clearly going to be a substantial amount of work not
only for them, but for reviewers. So, my question: what can we do to
make this process easy for the networking community in addition to the
basics that are already under way? I welcome any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-10-25  5:28 UTC | newest]