* mtd, nand, omap2: how to pass the NAND device name to mtdparts ?
@ 2016-12-19  9:30 Leto, Enrico
From: Leto, Enrico @ 2016-12-19  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hello All,

I'm trying to port some projects to kernel 4.4. It crashes because the driver name given by mtdparts (omap2-nand.0) is no more accepted. It's running fine if I replace it with the device name (e.g. S34ML04G1).

We use different NANDs from different manufacturers. I'm searching for a convenient solution to pass the device name to mtdparts.

Should I read the device name from u-boot and to pass it to mtdparts?
Or some other suggestion or recommendation how to do that ?