* [Buildroot] Odd comment in openntpd/Config.in
@ 2017-02-06 17:10 Grant Edwards
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Grant Edwards @ 2017-02-06 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

In https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/package/openntpd/Config.in:

config BR2_PACKAGE_OPENNTPD
       bool "openntpd"
       depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL
       [...]

comment "openntpd needs a toolchain w/ NPTL"
        [...]
        depends on !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL

Is the "!" in the comment is a typo?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If our behavior is
                                  at               strict, we do not need fun!

* [Buildroot] Odd comment in openntpd/Config.in
@ 2017-02-06 18:13 ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2017-02-06 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Grant,

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 05:10:56PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> In https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/package/openntpd/Config.in:
>
> config BR2_PACKAGE_OPENNTPD
>        bool "openntpd"
>        depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL
>        [...]
>
> comment "openntpd needs a toolchain w/ NPTL"
>         [...]
>         depends on !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL
>
> Is the "!" in the comment is a typo?

We want to show the comment only when the toolchain has no NPTL support. So
the "!" makes perfect sense to me.

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -

* [Buildroot] Odd comment in openntpd/Config.in
@ 2017-02-06 18:19   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2017-02-06 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 2017-02-06, Baruch Siach <baruch@tkos.co.il> wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 05:10:56PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> In https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/package/openntpd/Config.in:
>>
>> config BR2_PACKAGE_OPENNTPD
>>        bool "openntpd"
>>        depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL
>>        [...]
>>
>> comment "openntpd needs a toolchain w/ NPTL"
>>         [...]
>>         depends on !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL
>>
>> Is the "!" in the comment is a typo?
>
> We want to show the comment only when the toolchain has no NPTL support. So
> the "!" makes perfect sense to me.

Ah.  That's because you didn't misread it and think that the "depends
on" line was part of the comment itself and not the option that
controls when the comment is displayed.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Psychoanalysis??
                                  at               I thought this was a nude

* [Buildroot] Odd comment in openntpd/Config.in
@ 2017-02-06 18:20 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2017-02-06 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 17:10:56 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
> In https://git.busybox.net/buildroot/tree/package/openntpd/Config.in:
>
> config BR2_PACKAGE_OPENNTPD
>        bool "openntpd"
>        depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL
>        [...]
>
> comment "openntpd needs a toolchain w/ NPTL"
>         [...]
>         depends on !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_NPTL
>
> Is the "!" in the comment is a typo?

No, what you see is correct. We want the comment to show up when the
toolchain doesn't provide NPTL so that the user knows why openntpd is
not selectable.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Odd comment in openntpd/Config.in
@ 2017-02-06 18:21 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2017-02-06 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 17:10:56 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:

> Is the "!" in the comment is a typo?

However, there is one thing that is wrong in this Config.in file: the
main option has depends on !BR2_PACKAGE_NTP, but not the comment, while
it should have. I'll fix that up.

Thomas