* How to remove linux headers from rootfs
@ 2017-02-03  0:26 Ankur Tyagi
From: Ankur Tyagi @ 2017-02-03  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-arago

Hi,

I have an image recipe which include packagegroup-core-boot which
brings in external-linaro-toolchain which in turn adds
linux-libc-headers.

How can I remove linux-libc-headers from my end root FS ?

Thanks
Ankur

* Re: How to remove linux headers from rootfs
@ 2017-02-03  0:33 ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2017-02-03  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ankur Tyagi; +Cc: meta-arago

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 01:26:38PM +1300, Ankur Tyagi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an image recipe which include packagegroup-core-boot which
> brings in external-linaro-toolchain which in turn adds
> linux-libc-headers.
>
> How can I remove linux-libc-headers from my end root FS ?

linux-libc-headers is an empty package. linux-libc-headers-dev is the one that
contains all the standard headers required for development. Which one you have?

--
Denys

* Re: How to remove linux headers from rootfs
@ 2017-02-04 21:42   ` Ankur Tyagi
From: Ankur Tyagi @ 2017-02-04 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-arago

Hi Denys,

I have following dev packages installed in my rootfs which I don't want

- linux-libc-headers-dev
- libgcc-s-dev
- libc6-dev

I haven't explicitly added any -dev package.
How can I remove them ?

Thanks
Ankur

@ 2017-02-04 22:02     ` Ankur Tyagi
From: Ankur Tyagi @ 2017-02-04 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-arago

To add more, linux-libc-headers  indeed produce linux-libc-headers-dev

bitbake -e linux-libc-headers | grep "^PACKAGES="
PACKAGES="linux-libc-headers-dbg linux-libc-headers-staticdev
linux-libc-headers-dev linux-libc-headers-doc
linux-libc-headers-locale  linux-libc-headers"

And forgot to mention that I am using *daisy* branch..

@ 2017-02-07  4:26       ` Ankur Tyagi
From: Ankur Tyagi @ 2017-02-07  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denys Dmytriyenko; +Cc: meta-arago

Hi,

Any suggestions on how to remove these packages from my rootfs ?

I know daisy is old but my current sdk is based upon it. I am in
process of evaluating morty but it will take time.
Until then, I would like to tune my current rootfs.

thanks
Ankur

@ 2017-02-07 21:00         ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2017-02-07 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ankur Tyagi; +Cc: meta-arago

Something is depending on those dev packages as dependencies - you need to
figure out what that is. Do you have packagegroup-core-buildessential pulled
into your rootfs by any chance? Otherwise, you can run bitbake with -g flag
and examine resulting *.dot files for dependencies.

--
Denys

@ 2017-02-08  7:50           ` Ankur Tyagi
From: Ankur Tyagi @ 2017-02-08  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)