* Does anyone have test cases for mount namespaces?
@ 2017-02-08 23:13 Theodore Ts'o
From: Theodore Ts'o @ 2017-02-08 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al Viro, Eric W. Biederman, Maxim Patlasov; +Cc: linux-fsdevel

Hi,

I'm trying to backport a security fix involving the mount namespaces
(in fs/pnode.c), and I'm wondering if anyone has a set of sanity
checks (ideally in the form of a shell script) which they use to make
sure nothing has broken with respect to mount --make-shared, et. al.

I've really gotten spoiled with xfstests, and the mount namespaces
code looks subtle and quick to anger, and I'd prefer to have something
more substantial than "It builds!  Release it to production!"  :-)

Thanks,

						- Ted

* Re: Does anyone have test cases for mount namespaces?
@ 2017-02-09  2:55 ` Eryu Guan
From: Eryu Guan @ 2017-02-09  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Ts'o
  Cc: Al Viro, Eric W. Biederman, Maxim Patlasov, linux-fsdevel, Zorro Lang

Hi Ted,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 06:13:30PM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to backport a security fix involving the mount namespaces
> (in fs/pnode.c), and I'm wondering if anyone has a set of sanity
> checks (ideally in the form of a shell script) which they use to make
> sure nothing has broken with respect to mount --make-shared, et. al.
>
> I've really gotten spoiled with xfstests, and the mount namespaces
> code looks subtle and quick to anger, and I'd prefer to have something
> more substantial than "It builds!  Release it to production!"  :-)

AFAIK, there's a test script from LTP does some mount namespace function
and regression tests, e.g. --bind --make-private --make-shared --move

$LTP_SOURCE/testscripts/test_fs_bind.sh

And Zorro Lang has proposed some mount tests[1] for xfstests last May,
but the tests never got reviewed & merged (hope they can be reviewed &
committed by this opportunity :).

Thanks,
Eryu

[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/fstests/msg03029.html

* Re: Does anyone have test cases for mount namespaces?
@ 2017-02-09  5:09   ` Zorro Lang
From: Zorro Lang @ 2017-02-09  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eryu Guan
  Cc: Theodore Ts'o, Al Viro, Eric W. Biederman, Maxim Patlasov,
	linux-fsdevel

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 10:55:23AM +0800, Eryu Guan wrote:
> Hi Ted,
>
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 06:13:30PM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to backport a security fix involving the mount namespaces
> > (in fs/pnode.c), and I'm wondering if anyone has a set of sanity
> > checks (ideally in the form of a shell script) which they use to make
> > sure nothing has broken with respect to mount --make-shared, et. al.
> >
> > I've really gotten spoiled with xfstests, and the mount namespaces
> > code looks subtle and quick to anger, and I'd prefer to have something
> > more substantial than "It builds!  Release it to production!"  :-)
>
> AFAIK, there's a test script from LTP does some mount namespace function
> and regression tests, e.g. --bind --make-private --make-shared --move
>
> $LTP_SOURCE/testscripts/test_fs_bind.sh
>
> And Zorro Lang has proposed some mount tests[1] for xfstests last May,
> but the tests never got reviewed & merged (hope they can be reviewed &
> committed by this opportunity :).
>
> Thanks,
> Eryu
>
> [1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/fstests/msg03029.html

If Ted or someone would like to review these patches, I really
appreciate that :)

Thanks,
Zorro