* [Buildroot] [BUILDROOT] Add a text file on "/tmp" directory during img compilation
       [not found] <288390896.7283593.1487081370913.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2017-02-14 14:09 ` thierry.xenomai43 at yahoo.com
From: thierry.xenomai43 at yahoo.com @ 2017-02-14 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 Hello,
I would like to add a text files and bin?files on "/tmp" directory during the image making.
I try to add my files on "buildroot/output/target/tmp" and make commande but it don't work.
What is e good process to do this ?
RegardThierry
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] [BUILDROOT] Add a text file on "/tmp" directory during img compilation
@ 2017-02-14 15:17   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2017-02-14 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 2017-02-14, <thierry.xenomai43@yahoo.com> <thierry.xenomai43@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to add a text files and bin?files on "/tmp" directory
> during the image making.

https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#rootfs-custom

You can configure buildroot to run a script after the root tree is
done but but before the final image is created by setting the
BR2_ROOTFS_POST_BUILD_SCRIPT option. Look under

  System Configuration
    Custom scripts to run before creating filesystem images

In that script you can add/delete/remove files from the tree.

If all you want to do is add files, you can use the BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY
option to point to a tree that is copied on top of the target tree.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! An Italian is COMBING
                                  at               his hair in suburban DES

* [Buildroot] [BUILDROOT] Add a text file on "/tmp" directory during img compilation
@ 2017-02-14 16:01     ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2017-02-14 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Grant, Thierry,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 03:17:46PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2017-02-14, <thierry.xenomai43@yahoo.com> <thierry.xenomai43@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I would like to add a text files and bin?files on "/tmp" directory
> > during the image making.
>
> https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#rootfs-custom
>
> You can configure buildroot to run a script after the root tree is
> done but but before the final image is created by setting the
> BR2_ROOTFS_POST_BUILD_SCRIPT option. Look under
>
>   System Configuration
>     Custom scripts to run before creating filesystem images
>
> In that script you can add/delete/remove files from the tree.
>
> If all you want to do is add files, you can use the BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY
> option to point to a tree that is copied on top of the target tree.

That won't work with the default Buildroot configuration, since tmpfs is
mounted over /tmp. You need to supply your own skeleton if you want to
override this. See 'System configuration' -> 'Root FS skeleton' in menuconfig.

baruch

   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -