* [LSF/MM TOPIC] Movable memory and reliable higher order allocations
@ 2017-02-28 21:32 Christoph Lameter
From: Christoph Lameter @ 2017-02-28 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mm; +Cc: Jesper Dangaard Brouer, riel, Mel Gorman

This has come up lots of times. We talked about this at linux.conf.au
again and agreed to try to make the radix tree movable. Sadly I have not
had enough time yet to make progress on this one but reliable higher order
allocations or some sort of other solution are needed for performance
reasons in many places. Recently there was demand from the developers in
the network stack and in the RDMA subsystems for large contiguous
allocation for performance reasons. I would like to talk about this (yes
the gazillionth time) to see what avenues there are to make progress on
this one.