* 5-level pagetable patches break ppc64le
@ 2017-03-13 10:05 Anton Blanchard
From: Anton Blanchard @ 2017-03-13 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kirill.shutemov, mhocko, torvalds, Michael Ellerman,
	Paul Mackerras, Benjamin Herrenschmidt, Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: linuxppc-dev, linux-kernel

Hi,

My ppc64le boot tests stopped working as of commit c2febafc6773 ("mm:
convert generic code to 5-level paging")

We hang part way during boot, just before bringing up the network. I
haven't had a chance to narrow it down yet.

Anton

* Re: 5-level pagetable patches break ppc64le
@ 2017-03-13 11:27 ` Kirill A. Shutemov
From: Kirill A. Shutemov @ 2017-03-13 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anton Blanchard
  Cc: kirill.shutemov, mhocko, torvalds, Michael Ellerman,
	Paul Mackerras, Benjamin Herrenschmidt, Stephen Rothwell,
	linuxppc-dev, linux-kernel

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 09:05:50PM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My ppc64le boot tests stopped working as of commit c2febafc6773 ("mm:
> convert generic code to 5-level paging")
>
> We hang part way during boot, just before bringing up the network. I
> haven't had a chance to narrow it down yet.

Please check if patch by this link helps:

http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20170313052213.11411-1-kirill.shutemov@linux.intel.com

--
 Kirill A. Shutemov

* Re: 5-level pagetable patches break ppc64le
@ 2017-03-13 20:41   ` Anton Blanchard
From: Anton Blanchard @ 2017-03-13 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kirill A. Shutemov
  Cc: kirill.shutemov, mhocko, torvalds, Michael Ellerman,
	Paul Mackerras, Benjamin Herrenschmidt, Stephen Rothwell,
	linuxppc-dev, linux-kernel, Aneesh Kumar K.V

Hi Kirill,

> > My ppc64le boot tests stopped working as of commit c2febafc6773
> > ("mm: convert generic code to 5-level paging")
> >
> > We hang part way during boot, just before bringing up the network. I
> > haven't had a chance to narrow it down yet.
>
> Please check if patch by this link helps:
>
> http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20170313052213.11411-1-kirill.shutemov@linux.intel.com

It does fix the ppc64le boot hangs, thanks.

Tested-by: Anton Blanchard <anton@samba.org>

Anton