* sparse-llvm incorrect check for floating point type
@ 2017-03-15  0:40 Dibyendu Majumdar
From: Dibyendu Majumdar @ 2017-03-15  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Sparse

Hi,

The function symbol_is_fp_type() in sparse-llvm.c doesn't check if
symbol is SYM_NODE and hence does not detect a floating point type
correctly.

Regards
Dibyendu

* Re: sparse-llvm incorrect check for floating point type
@ 2017-03-16 16:40 ` Luc Van Oostenryck
From: Luc Van Oostenryck @ 2017-03-16 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dibyendu Majumdar; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:40:21AM +0000, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The function symbol_is_fp_type() in sparse-llvm.c doesn't check if
> symbol is SYM_NODE and hence does not detect a floating point type
> correctly.

Yes, it should simply use is_float_type() instead.

-- Luc

* Re: sparse-llvm incorrect check for floating point type
@ 2017-03-19 15:26 ` Luc Van Oostenryck
From: Luc Van Oostenryck @ 2017-03-19 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dibyendu Majumdar; +Cc: Linux-Sparse

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:40:21AM +0000, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The function symbol_is_fp_type() in sparse-llvm.c doesn't check if
> symbol is SYM_NODE and hence does not detect a floating point type
> correctly.

This is fixed in the llvm-fixes-v3 serie I sent yesterday.

-- Luc