* Weston not starting up with SGX drivers on BeagleBone Black
@ 2017-03-26  1:30 Yury Luneff
From: Yury Luneff @ 2017-03-26  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

Hello!

I’m trying to get Weston running on BeagleBone Black with TI’s SGX drivers. Kernel is 4.9.13-g102f61776e from meta-ti (morty branch) and the drivers alike.
I have Weston 1.11 with patches from meta-arago (the patch that forces using card0 whereas I have card0 for tilcdc and card1 for pvrsrvkm plus the Mesa/GBM dealing patch). I had it running with SGX drivers already, but all of a sudden it ceased to startup properly.

# weston --tty=1 -B drm-backend.so --current-mode
…
[16:07:05.845] Output HDMI-A-1, (connector 26, crtc 24)
               mode 1360x768@60.4, preferred, current
[16:07:05.957] set mode failed: Invalid argument

I’ve posted complete Weston startup log here: http://pastebin.com/bHbdDMas

The failure reason is listed in dmesg log:
tilcdc 4830e000.lcdc: Invalid pitch: fb and crtc widths must be the same

I see the patch comments in https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7856821/ that introduced this sanity check for tilcdc, but I’m not sure how to achieve proper setup with my case.

I have put 'gbm-format=rgb565’ in /etc/weston.ini. tilcdc’s pixel format seems to be the same: /sys/bus/platform/drivers/tilcdc/4830e000.lcdc/graphics/fb0/bits_per_pixel equals to 16.

I’m not sure how tilcdc and pvrsrvkm should work between each other but the result is weston/wayland not starting because of some framebuffer mode conflict.

I had it working very little time ago and I did it by specifying --current-mode for Weston, but now this option doesn’t help as Weston tries to set_mode anyway.

Please, give me an advice on how to debug this.

Thanks!
—
Yury Lunev

* Re: Weston not starting up with SGX drivers on BeagleBone Black
@ 2017-03-26 17:41 ` Yury Luneff
From: Yury Luneff @ 2017-03-26 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

Hello again.

I seem to resolved this issue. I had to set initial video mode for tilcdc to be 1024x768@60 Hz in uEnv.txt. Then Weston started nicely with —current-mode being 1024x768.

—

@ 2017-03-27 18:36   ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2017-03-27 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yury Luneff; +Cc: meta-ti

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:41:48PM +0300, Yury Luneff wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I seem to resolved this issue. I had to set initial video mode for tilcdc to
> be 1024x768@60 Hz in uEnv.txt. Then Weston started nicely with —current-mode
> being 1024x768.

Sounds good. Glad you were able to resolve it! Let us know if you have any
other issues.

--
Denys