* Updating sunxi tree in linux-next
@ 2017-03-31  7:57 ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2017-03-31  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfr; +Cc: Chen-Yu Tsai, linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel

Hi Stephen,

We've switched from my personal git tree for the Allwinner sunxi
development to a shared tree:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git

The branch to be included in linux-next will still be called
sunxi/for-next as it used to be, and it will still go through the
arm-soc tree to reach Linux.

However, I'll still have the patches for our DRM drivers on my
personal git repo:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git

Could you add the branch sunxi-drm/for-next to the list of branches
you merge?

Thanks,
Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Updating sunxi tree in linux-next
@ 2017-03-31  7:57 ` Maxime Ripard

> We've switched from my personal git tree for the Allwinner sunxi
> development to a shared tree:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git
>
> The branch to be included in linux-next will still be called
> sunxi/for-next as it used to be, and it will still go through the
> arm-soc tree to reach Linux.
>
> However, I'll still have the patches for our DRM drivers on my
> personal git repo:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git
>
> Could you add the branch sunxi-drm/for-next to the list of branches
> you merge?

OK, just so we are on the same page:

Currently I have:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next

merged after the drm tree.

You want:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next

merged after the arm-soc tree and

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi-drm/for-next

merged after the drm tree?

(I merge trees *after* the tree that is their upstream.)

Do you want to be the only contact for both trees?
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-04-02 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

@ 2017-04-03  1:21     ` Chen-Yu Tsai
From: Chen-Yu Tsai @ 2017-04-03  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Maxime Ripard, Chen-Yu Tsai, linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:57:29 +0200 Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@free-electrons.com> wrote:
>>
>> We've switched from my personal git tree for the Allwinner sunxi
>> development to a shared tree:
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git
>>
>> The branch to be included in linux-next will still be called
>> sunxi/for-next as it used to be, and it will still go through the
>> arm-soc tree to reach Linux.
>>
>> However, I'll still have the patches for our DRM drivers on my
>> personal git repo:
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git
>>
>> Could you add the branch sunxi-drm/for-next to the list of branches
>> you merge?
>
> OK, just so we are on the same page:
>
> Currently I have:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next
>
> merged after the drm tree.
>
> You want:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next
>
> merged after the arm-soc tree and
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi-drm/for-next
>
> merged after the drm tree?
>
> (I merge trees *after* the tree that is their upstream.)
>
> Do you want to be the only contact for both trees?

Please add me as a contact for sunxi/for-next.

Thanks
ChenYu

From: Chen-Yu Tsai @ 2017-04-03  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

@ 2017-04-03 11:45     ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2017-04-03 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Chen-Yu Tsai, linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 09:56:12AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:57:29 +0200 Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> >
> > We've switched from my personal git tree for the Allwinner sunxi
> > development to a shared tree:
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git
> >
> > The branch to be included in linux-next will still be called
> > sunxi/for-next as it used to be, and it will still go through the
> > arm-soc tree to reach Linux.
> >
> > However, I'll still have the patches for our DRM drivers on my
> > personal git repo:
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git
> >
> > Could you add the branch sunxi-drm/for-next to the list of branches
> > you merge?
>
> OK, just so we are on the same page:
>
> Currently I have:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next
>
> merged after the drm tree.
>
> You want:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next
>
> merged after the arm-soc tree and
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi-drm/for-next
>
> merged after the drm tree?

Yep, exactly.

> (I merge trees *after* the tree that is their upstream.)
>
> Do you want to be the only contact for both trees?

Like Chen-Yu said, please add us both for sunxi/for-next

Thanks!
Maxime

From: Maxime Ripard @ 2017-04-03 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 09:56:12AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
>
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:57:29 +0200 Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> >
> > We've switched from my personal git tree for the Allwinner sunxi
> > development to a shared tree:
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git
> >
> > The branch to be included in linux-next will still be called
> > sunxi/for-next as it used to be, and it will still go through the
> > arm-soc tree to reach Linux.
> >
> > However, I'll still have the patches for our DRM drivers on my
> > personal git repo:
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git
> >
> > Could you add the branch sunxi-drm/for-next to the list of branches
> > you merge?
>
> OK, just so we are on the same page:
>
> Currently I have:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next
>
> merged after the drm tree.
>
> You want:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next
>
> merged after the arm-soc tree and
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi-drm/for-next
>
> merged after the drm tree?

Yep, exactly.

> (I merge trees *after* the tree that is their upstream.)
>
> Do you want to be the only contact for both trees?

Like Chen-Yu said, please add us both for sunxi/for-next

Thanks!
Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
http://free-electrons.com
> We've switched from my personal git tree for the Allwinner sunxi
> development to a shared tree:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git
>
> The branch to be included in linux-next will still be called
> sunxi/for-next as it used to be, and it will still go through the
> arm-soc tree to reach Linux.
>
> However, I'll still have the patches for our DRM drivers on my
> personal git repo:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git
>
> Could you add the branch sunxi-drm/for-next to the list of branches
> you merge?

Added and changed from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-04-03 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)