From: Daniel Kiper <daniel.kiper@oracle.com>
To: Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@citrix.com>
Cc: jbeulich@suse.com, xen-devel@lists.xen.org
Subject: Re: EFI + tboot + Xen
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 22:43:29 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 04:17:54PM +0100, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 14/04/2017 15:54, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Has anybody tried to run EFI + tboot + Xen?
> > I have a feeling that it does not work because
> > tboot shuts down EFI boot services. However,
> > even if it works then efibootmgr is unusable
> > due to lack of EFI runtime services. Do we care?
> > Is it possible to make it work with full blown
> > EFI infrastructure available for Xen?
>
> Judging by
> http://hg.code.sf.net/p/tboot/code/file/9352e6391332/tboot/common/boot.S#l83
> it will be grub exiting boot services.  tboot needs rather more
> multiboot2 knowledge before it could participate in a hand-off to Xen
> while keeping boot services active.

Sure, it is not a problem. However, I was told that it was (not) done
deliberately because we cannot trust EFI due to lack of its measurement.
I am not sure it is true or not. I though that somebody played with tboot
and Xen and has some knowledge in that area. Anyway, I will investigate
this further. However, any knowledge sharing is greatly appreciated.

Daniel