* [Buildroot] question about x86 portability issues
@ 2017-04-17 15:10 Waldemar Brodkorb
From: Waldemar Brodkorb @ 2017-04-17 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi developers,

with Buildroot we have some compile issues when using uClibc-ng or
musl toolchains. The reason is the x86 specific code is using
deprecated sigreturn and setcontext functions.

With the attached patch I could compile libunwind with the uClibc-ng
toolchain.

But the best solution would be if the code would use a direct
syscall to rt_sigreturn as the x86_64 code does:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libunwind.git;a=blob;f=src/x86_64/Gos-linux.c;h=6f70d3ffdb1e514a567d0c2146c852765bda953d;hb=HEAD#l148

What do you think?

I think sigreturn() is a noop in GNU C Library for x86 and x86_64.

Thanks,
 Waldemar