* rdma-ndd shipped by infiniband-diags and rdma-core
@ 2017-05-09 13:14 Benjamin Drung
       [not found] ` <1494335693.3752.1.camel-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org>
From: Benjamin Drung @ 2017-05-09 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi,

/usr/sbin/rdma-ndd is shipped by infiniband-diags (version 1.6.7-1 in
Debian) and the rdma-core package. This makes both package not
installable in parallel. rdma-ndd should be shipped by only one source
package. If rdma-core is the new upstream for it, please remove it from
infiniband-diags and publish a new release. Otherwise I cannot add the
correctly version Breaks & Replaces to the Debian package.

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Email: benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org
Web: https://www.profitbricks.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss.

* Re: rdma-ndd shipped by infiniband-diags and rdma-core
       [not found] ` <1494335693.3752.1.camel-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-05-09 17:54   ` Leon Romanovsky
       [not found]     ` <20170509175406.GJ10073-U/DQcQFIOTAAJjI8aNfphQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-05-09 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ira Weiny, Benjamin Drung; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 03:14:53PM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> /usr/sbin/rdma-ndd is shipped by infiniband-diags (version 1.6.7-1 in
> Debian) and the rdma-core package. This makes both package not
> installable in parallel. rdma-ndd should be shipped by only one source
> package. If rdma-core is the new upstream for it, please remove it from
> infiniband-diags and publish a new release. Otherwise I cannot add the
> correctly version Breaks & Replaces to the Debian package.

Ira,

Didn't you release when you merged rdma-ndd with rdma-core?

Thanks

> --
> Benjamin Drung
> System Developer
> Debian & Ubuntu Developer
>
> ProfitBricks GmbH
> Greifswalder Str. 207
> D - 10405 Berlin
>
> Email: benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org
> Web: https://www.profitbricks.com
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
> Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

@ 2017-05-15  4:42       ` Weiny, Ira
       [not found]         ` <2807E5FD2F6FDA4886F6618EAC48510E67CAA0F6-8k97q/ur5Z2krb+BlOpmy7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Weiny, Ira @ 2017-05-15  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leon Romanovsky, Benjamin Drung,
	'Hal Rosenstock
	(hal-LDSdmyG8hGV8YrgS2mwiifqBs+8SCbDb@public.gmane.org)'
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 03:14:53PM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > /usr/sbin/rdma-ndd is shipped by infiniband-diags (version 1.6.7-1
> > in
> > Debian) and the rdma-core package. This makes both package not
> > installable in parallel. rdma-ndd should be shipped by only one
> > source package. If rdma-core is the new upstream for it, please
> > remove it from infiniband-diags and publish a new release. Otherwise
> > I cannot add the correctly version Breaks & Replaces to the Debian package.
>
> Ira,
>
> Didn't you release when you merged rdma-ndd with rdma-core?

Indeed this has been in the plans.

Leon, as I have said in the past I want to move the infiniband-diags to the Linux-rdma github but only after the libibmad merge.

For review I have put my proposed new infiniband-diags (planned v2.0) here:

https://github.com/weiny2/infiniband-diags/tree/master-new

I'd like to have Hal check it out before I push this officially and release it.

In the meantime Leon can you set me up a repo on Linux-rdma and once we have settled on the libibmad merge I will push there with a new v2.0 release.

Ira

@ 2017-05-15  4:44           ` Leon Romanovsky
       [not found]             ` <20170515044419.GW3616-U/DQcQFIOTAAJjI8aNfphQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-05-15  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Weiny, Ira
  Cc: Benjamin Drung,
	'Hal Rosenstock
	(hal-LDSdmyG8hGV8YrgS2mwiifqBs+8SCbDb@public.gmane.org)',
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 04:42:14AM +0000, Weiny, Ira wrote:

> > On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 03:14:53PM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > /usr/sbin/rdma-ndd is shipped by infiniband-diags (version 1.6.7-1
> > > in
> > > Debian) and the rdma-core package. This makes both package not
> > > installable in parallel. rdma-ndd should be shipped by only one
> > > source package. If rdma-core is the new upstream for it, please
> > > remove it from infiniband-diags and publish a new release. Otherwise
> > > I cannot add the correctly version Breaks & Replaces to the Debian package.
> >
> > Ira,
> >
> > Didn't you release when you merged rdma-ndd with rdma-core?
>
> Indeed this has been in the plans.
>
> Leon, as I have said in the past I want to move the infiniband-diags to the Linux-rdma github but only after the libibmad merge.
>
> For review I have put my proposed new infiniband-diags (planned v2.0) here:
>
> https://github.com/weiny2/infiniband-diags/tree/master-new
>
> I'd like to have Hal check it out before I push this officially and release it.
>
> In the meantime Leon can you set me up a repo on Linux-rdma and once we have settled on the libibmad merge I will push there with a new v2.0 release.

Sure, which name do you want for this repo?

> Ira
>

> > Thanks
> >

> > > --
> > > Benjamin Drung
> > > System Developer
> > > Debian & Ubuntu Developer
> > >
> > > ProfitBricks GmbH
> > > Greifswalder Str. 207
> > > D - 10405 Berlin
> > >
> > > Email: benjamin.drung-EIkl63zCoXaH+58JC4qpiA@public.gmane.org
> > > Web: https://www.profitbricks.com
> > >
> > > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin.
> > > Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506B.
> > > Geschäftsführer: Achim Weiss.
> > >
> > > --

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

@ 2017-05-15 15:08               ` Weiny, Ira
       [not found]                 ` <2807E5FD2F6FDA4886F6618EAC48510E67CAA44F-8k97q/ur5Z2krb+BlOpmy7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Weiny, Ira @ 2017-05-15 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leon Romanovsky
  Cc: Benjamin Drung,
	'Hal Rosenstock
	(hal-LDSdmyG8hGV8YrgS2mwiifqBs+8SCbDb@public.gmane.org)',
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> > Indeed this has been in the plans.
> >
> > Leon, as I have said in the past I want to move the infiniband-diags to the
> Linux-rdma github but only after the libibmad merge.
> >
> > For review I have put my proposed new infiniband-diags (planned v2.0) here:
> >
> > https://github.com/weiny2/infiniband-diags/tree/master-new
> >
> > I'd like to have Hal check it out before I push this officially and release it.
> >
> > In the meantime Leon can you set me up a repo on Linux-rdma and once we
> have settled on the libibmad merge I will push there with a new v2.0 release.
>
> Sure, which name do you want for this repo?

infiniband-diags

Thanks,
Ira

@ 2017-05-15 18:14                   ` Leon Romanovsky
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-05-15 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Weiny, Ira
  Cc: Benjamin Drung,

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 03:08:49PM +0000, Weiny, Ira wrote:

> > > Indeed this has been in the plans.
> > >
> > > Leon, as I have said in the past I want to move the infiniband-diags to the
> > Linux-rdma github but only after the libibmad merge.
> > >
> > > For review I have put my proposed new infiniband-diags (planned v2.0) here:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/weiny2/infiniband-diags/tree/master-new
> > >
> > > I'd like to have Hal check it out before I push this officially and release it.
> > >
> > > In the meantime Leon can you set me up a repo on Linux-rdma and once we
> > have settled on the libibmad merge I will push there with a new v2.0 release.
> >
> > Sure, which name do you want for this repo?
>
> infiniband-diags

Done,
https://github.com/linux-rdma/infiniband-diags

> Thanks,
> Ira

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

@ 2017-05-16 20:43           ` Weiny, Ira
       [not found]             ` <2807E5FD2F6FDA4886F6618EAC48510E67CAB41D-8k97q/ur5Z2krb+BlOpmy7fspsVTdybXVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>
From: Weiny, Ira @ 2017-05-16 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Weiny, Ira, Leon Romanovsky, Benjamin Drung,
	'Hal Rosenstock
	(hal-LDSdmyG8hGV8YrgS2mwiifqBs+8SCbDb@public.gmane.org)'
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

One other thing I forgot to mention...

Infiniband-diags has a configure option to disable rdma-ndd.

16:43:16 > ./configure --help | grep rdma
  --enable-rdma-ndd build rdma-ndd (default=yes)
  --with-rdma-service=name
                          name of the RDMA service: "rdma" when using
                          /etc/init.d/rdma to start RDMA services; "openibd"
                          services [default=${default_rdma_service}]

Benjamin, would that be ok for you to continue your work?

Ira

@ 2017-05-17  8:20               ` Benjamin Drung
From: Benjamin Drung @ 2017-05-17  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Weiny, Ira, Leon Romanovsky,
  Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Am Dienstag, den 16.05.2017, 20:43 +0000 schrieb Weiny, Ira:
> One other thing I forgot to mention...
>
> Infiniband-diags has a configure option to disable rdma-ndd.
>
> 16:43:16 > ./configure --help | grep rdma
>   --enable-rdma-ndd build rdma-ndd (default=yes)
>   --with-rdma-service=name
>                           name of the RDMA service: "rdma" when using
>                           /etc/init.d/rdma to start RDMA services;
> "openibd"
>                           services [default=${default_rdma_service}]
>
> Benjamin, would that be ok for you to continue your work?

Yes. We can use --disable-rdma-ndd and coordinate this infiniband-diags
update with the introduction of rdma-core.

--

@ 2017-05-17 14:41                   ` Hal Rosenstock
       [not found]                     ` <dcbcb03c-244e-b124-fa40-42423f4f4aa3-LDSdmyG8hGV8YrgS2mwiifqBs+8SCbDb@public.gmane.org>
From: Hal Rosenstock @ 2017-05-17 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Weiny, Ira, Leon Romanovsky
  Cc: Benjamin Drung, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

On 5/15/2017 11:08 AM, Weiny, Ira wrote:
> For review I have put my proposed new infiniband-diags (planned v2.0) here:
>
> https://github.com/weiny2/infiniband-diags/tree/master-new
>
> I'd like to have Hal check it out before I push this officially and release it.

Branch looks good to me but I only did a cursory evaluation.

-- Hal

@ 2017-05-25 17:19                       ` Weiny, Ira
From: Weiny, Ira @ 2017-05-25 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hal Rosenstock, Leon Romanovsky
  Cc: Benjamin Drung, linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> On 5/15/2017 11:08 AM, Weiny, Ira wrote:
> > For review I have put my proposed new infiniband-diags (planned v2.0) here:
> >
> > https://github.com/weiny2/infiniband-diags/tree/master-new
> >
> > I'd like to have Hal check it out before I push this officially and release it.
>
> Branch looks good to me but I only did a cursory evaluation.

I'm going to give it a try...

New infiniband-diags here:

https://github.com/linux-rdma/infiniband-diags/releases

I have updated the documentation on openfabrics.org to reflect the change.

I'll send out a more formal announcement later.

Ira