* XFRM Stats
@ 2017-06-21 18:37 Raj Ammanur
From: Raj Ammanur @ 2017-06-21 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Crypto/Xfrm Team,

I was wondering if there has been any discussion in the past
about adding stats in Xfrm to count the packets going in/out of
this sub-system? Right now we only have error stats.

thanks
--Raj

* Re: XFRM Stats
@ 2017-06-22  2:42 ` Herbert Xu
From: Herbert Xu @ 2017-06-22  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raj Ammanur; +Cc: linux-crypto

Raj Ammanur <rammanur@arista.com> wrote:
> Hi Crypto/Xfrm Team,
>
> I was wondering if there has been any discussion in the past
> about adding stats in Xfrm to count the packets going in/out of
> this sub-system? Right now we only have error stats.

Have you looked at ip -s x s?

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>

* Re: XFRM Stats
@ 2017-06-22  5:20   ` Raj Ammanur
From: Raj Ammanur @ 2017-06-22  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

oops yes, completely forgot the lifetime stats. Thanks Herbert.

I will check this out, but after a rekey, are the stats still preserved?

thanks
--Raj

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Raj Ammanur <rammanur@arista.com> wrote:
>> Hi Crypto/Xfrm Team,
>>
>> I was wondering if there has been any discussion in the past
>> about adding stats in Xfrm to count the packets going in/out of
>> this sub-system? Right now we only have error stats.
>
> Have you looked at ip -s x s?
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
> Home Page: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/
> PGP Key: http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/pubkey.txt

* Re: XFRM Stats
@ 2017-06-22  8:27     ` Herbert Xu
From: Herbert Xu @ 2017-06-22  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raj Ammanur; +Cc: linux-crypto

Raj Ammanur <rammanur@arista.com> wrote:
> oops yes, completely forgot the lifetime stats. Thanks Herbert.
>
> I will check this out, but after a rekey, are the stats still preserved?

No those stats are per-state.  So your best bet would be to get this
feature added to your user-space key manager, and get it to read out
the final stats before deleting the SA.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>