* [Announce] CRIU v3.3 (Crystal Pelican)
@ 2017-07-18 19:01 Pavel Emelyanov
       [not found] ` <d711f22a-6661-dac9-6a6a-2f559baaa153-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>
From: Pavel Emelyanov @ 2017-07-18 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CRIU, Linux Containers

Hello, everyone!

The new version is out. Most of the changes this time are preparation for future new
features and optimizations, that hasn't yet been well tested and polished.

However, we have several new features. The most important one is the --tcp-close
option to help migration of Docker containers, that constantly change their IP address.

And, as usually, a set of bugfixes.

Changelog: https://criu.org/Download/criu/3.3
Sources: http://download.openvz.org/criu/criu-3.3.tar.bz2

Have fun!

-- Pavel

* Re: [CRIU] [Announce] CRIU v3.3 (Crystal Pelican)
       [not found] ` <d711f22a-6661-dac9-6a6a-2f559baaa153-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-07-19  9:31   ` Michael Holzheu
From: Michael Holzheu @ 2017-07-19  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Emelyanov; +Cc: CRIU, Linux Containers, Alice Frosi

Am Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:01:35 +0300
schrieb Pavel Emelyanov <xemul-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> The new version is out. Most of the changes this time are preparation for future new
> features and optimizations, that hasn't yet been well tested and polished.
>
> However, we have several new features. The most important one is the --tcp-close
> option to help migration of Docker containers, that constantly change their IP address.
>
> And, as usually, a set of bugfixes.

Hi Pavel,

What are your plans for the s390 support - version 3.4?

Michael

* Re: [CRIU] [Announce] CRIU v3.3 (Crystal Pelican)
@ 2017-07-19  9:55     ` Pavel Emelyanov
       [not found]       ` <69321954-b9cf-949b-08bd-0ded138f5ea0-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>
From: Pavel Emelyanov @ 2017-07-19  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Holzheu; +Cc: CRIU, Linux Containers, Alice Frosi

On 07/19/2017 12:31 PM, Michael Holzheu wrote:
> Am Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:01:35 +0300
> schrieb Pavel Emelyanov <xemul-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>:
>
>> Hello, everyone!
>>
>> The new version is out. Most of the changes this time are preparation for future new
>> features and optimizations, that hasn't yet been well tested and polished.
>>
>> However, we have several new features. The most important one is the --tcp-close
>> option to help migration of Docker containers, that constantly change their IP address.
>>
>> And, as usually, a set of bugfixes.
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> What are your plans for the s390 support - version 3.4?

Yup. Once the Travis job is in working state (so that I can validate the release
is at least building on non-default arch) all s390 patches will be moved to
master and released.

We're doing monthly releases, so the 3.4 will happen in the middle of August.

@ 2017-07-19 11:19         ` Michael Holzheu
From: Michael Holzheu @ 2017-07-19 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Emelyanov; +Cc: CRIU, Linux Containers, Alice Frosi

Am Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:55:47 +0300
schrieb Pavel Emelyanov <xemul-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>:

> On 07/19/2017 12:31 PM, Michael Holzheu wrote:
> > Am Tue, 18 Jul 2017 22:01:35 +0300
> > schrieb Pavel Emelyanov <xemul-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>:
> >
> >> Hello, everyone!
> >>
> >> The new version is out. Most of the changes this time are preparation for future new
> >> features and optimizations, that hasn't yet been well tested and polished.
> >>
> >> However, we have several new features. The most important one is the --tcp-close
> >> option to help migration of Docker containers, that constantly change their IP address.
> >>
> >> And, as usually, a set of bugfixes.
> >
> > Hi Pavel,
> >
> > What are your plans for the s390 support - version 3.4?
>
> Yup. Once the Travis job is in working state (so that I can validate the release
> is at least building on non-default arch) all s390 patches will be moved to
> master and released.

In principle the travis job for s390 is working now:

 - https://travis-ci.org/xemul/criu/jobs/255093541

> We're doing monthly releases, so the 3.4 will happen in the middle of August.

Sounds good!

Michael

* Re: [CRIU] [Announce] CRIU v3.3 (Crystal Pelican)
@ 2017-07-19 11:37           ` Pavel Emelyanov
From: Pavel Emelyanov @ 2017-07-19 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Holzheu; +Cc: CRIU, Linux Containers, Alice Frosi

On 07/19/2017 02:19 PM, Michael Holzheu wrote:
> Am Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:55:47 +0300
> schrieb Pavel Emelyanov <xemul-5HdwGun5lf+gSpxsJD1C4w@public.gmane.org>:
>
>> On 07/19/2017 12:31 PM, Michael Holzheu wrote:

>>> Hi Pavel,
>>>
>>> What are your plans for the s390 support - version 3.4?
>>
>> Yup. Once the Travis job is in working state (so that I can validate the release
>> is at least building on non-default arch) all s390 patches will be moved to
>> master and released.
>
> In principle the travis job for s390 is working now:
>
>  - https://travis-ci.org/xemul/criu/jobs/255093541

Yup :) I've noticed that when I checked my tty patches today.
So we're good to go with s390 in 3.4!