* Support for SPP 1.2 Specification in Bluez
@ 2017-08-03 12:37 Karunakar Reddy
From: Karunakar Reddy @ 2017-08-03 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi All,

We are looking for bluez stack revision which has support for SPP 1.2
specification. As per the information we have collected, it seems to
have support for SPP 1.1 only.

Are there any plans for Bluez to add support for SPP 1.2?

Thanks

* Re: Support for SPP 1.2 Specification in Bluez
@ 2017-08-04 12:59 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
       [not found]   ` <CAMQUNB8KQZY9E1idg1sFx2JynaTDeaDKO+SrnZ8mQAcvRaO7XQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2017-08-04 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karunakar Reddy; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Karunakar,

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Karunakar Reddy <karan.tillu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are looking for bluez stack revision which has support for SPP 1.2
> specification. As per the information we have collected, it seems to
> have support for SPP 1.1 only.
>
> Are there any plans for Bluez to add support for SPP 1.2?

Patches are always welcome.

> Thanks

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: Support for SPP 1.2 Specification in Bluez
@ 2017-08-05  6:36   ` Johan Hedberg
       [not found]   ` <CAMQUNB8KQZY9E1idg1sFx2JynaTDeaDKO+SrnZ8mQAcvRaO7XQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2017-08-05  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karunakar,
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Karunakar Reddy <karan.tillu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are looking for bluez stack revision which has support for SPP 1.2
>> specification. As per the information we have collected, it seems to
>> have support for SPP 1.1 only.
>>
>> Are there any plans for Bluez to add support for SPP 1.2?
>
> Patches are always welcome.

As far as I know we're already compliant. E.g. the SPP SDP record that
bluetoothd registers when an app uses the Profile D-Bus interface sets
the SPP version as 1.2.

Johan

* Re: Support for SPP 1.2 Specification in Bluez
       [not found]     ` <CAGfak62kHdrq=aAPxP4MczMj+PrgMbqraoTaCjqqZdg40zeXeA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-08-07 18:46       ` Johan Hedberg
From: Johan Hedberg @ 2017-08-07 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karunakar Reddy; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Hi Karan,

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017, Karunakar Reddy wrote:
> Thanks for the update. As you said, SDP specific enhancements seem to
> present. Also there are L2CAP feature additions like flow and error control
> and flush timeout using the ENHANCED RETRANSMISSION MODE(ERTM).
>
> We would like to know if current Bluez stack is fully compliant with SPP
> 1.2 specification. Thanks in advance

I think you'll need to determine that yourself by running the respective
qualification (PTS) tests. All I can say is that I'm at least not aware
of any gaps in the implementation.

Johan