* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
       [not found] <E1djjcb-0003ZW-O0@lists.xenproject.org>
@ 2017-08-21 10:11 ` Paul Durrant
From: Paul Durrant @ 2017-08-21 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Julien Grall', xen-devel

I think this is either done or obsolete now. Not sure which.

  Paul

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-08-21 10:15   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-08-21 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Durrant, xen-devel, Yu, Zhang

Hi Paul,

On 21/08/17 11:11, Paul Durrant wrote:
> [...]

CCed Yu Zhang to tell which one.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

@ 2017-08-21 17:32 ` Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk @ 2017-08-21 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall; +Cc: xen-devel

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:07:39AM +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
> woulk like to see in 4.10 so that people have an idea what is going on and
> prioritise accordingly.
>
> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
> working on.
>
> = Timeline =
>
> We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
> year. The upcoming 4.10 timeline are as followed:
>
> * Last posting date: September 15th, 2017
> * Hard code freeze: September 29th, 2017
> * RC1: TBD
> * Release: December 2, 2017
>
> Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
> that wish to go into 4.10 must be posted no later than the last posting
> date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
> into next release.
>
> RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.
>
> We recently introduced a jira instance to track all the tasks (not only big)
> for the project. See: https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.
>
> Most of the tasks tracked by this e-mail also have a corresponding jira task
> referred by XEN-N.
>
> I have started to include the version number of series associated to each
> feature. Can each owner send an update on the version number if the series
> was posted upstream?
>
> = Projects =
>
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> *  Per-cpu tasklet
>   -  XEN-28
>   -  Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk

I am not going to be able to get this done in the time-frame.
If somebody would be interested in picking up the patches I would
be thrilled!

(In the mean-time I have some livepatch patches that I am massaging).

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-08-22 10:22     ` Yu Zhang
From: Yu Zhang @ 2017-08-22 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Paul Durrant, xen-devel

On 8/21/2017 6:15 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 21/08/17 11:11, Paul Durrant wrote:

Thanks, Julien. This is done now. :)

Yu

@ 2017-08-22 12:44       ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-08-22 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu Zhang, Paul Durrant, xen-devel

Hi,

On 22/08/17 11:22, Yu Zhang wrote:

> On 8/21/2017 6:15 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi Paul,

I may have messed up with the update. Was it upstreamed for Xen 4.9 or
Xen 4.10? For the former, I will just totally remove it from the update.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-08-23  2:29         ` Yu Zhang
From: Yu Zhang @ 2017-08-23  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Paul Durrant, xen-devel

On 8/22/2017 8:44 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 22/08/17 11:22, Yu Zhang wrote:
>>

>> On 8/21/2017 6:15 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
>>> Hi Paul,

It was merged in Xen 4.9. We can just remove this from the update. :-)

Thanks
Yu

       [not found] <E1djjcb-0003ZW-Ic@lists.xenproject.org>
@ 2017-08-22 13:56 ` Meng Xu
From: Meng Xu @ 2017-08-22 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall; +Cc: xen-devel

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 6:07 AM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
> woulk like to see in 4.10 so that people have an idea what is going on and
> prioritise accordingly.
>
> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
> working on.
>
> = Timeline =
>
> We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
> year. The upcoming 4.10 timeline are as followed:
>
> * Last posting date: September 15th, 2017
> * Hard code freeze: September 29th, 2017
> * RC1: TBD
> * Release: December 2, 2017
>
> Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
> that wish to go into 4.10 must be posted no later than the last posting
> date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
> into next release.
>
> RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.
>
> We recently introduced a jira instance to track all the tasks (not only big)
> for the project. See: https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.
>
> Most of the tasks tracked by this e-mail also have a corresponding jira task
> referred by XEN-N.
>
> I have started to include the version number of series associated to each
> feature. Can each owner send an update on the version number if the series
> was posted upstream?
>
> = Projects =
>
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> *  Per-cpu tasklet
>   -  XEN-28
>   -  Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
>
> *  Add support of rcu_idle_{enter,exit}
>   -  XEN-27
>   -  Dario Faggioli

I'm moving the RTDS scheduler to work-conserving scheduler.
The first version of the patch series has been posted at
https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@lists.xen.org/msg117062.html,
after we discussed the RFC patch.

Thanks,

Meng

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-08-22 12:34   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-08-22 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleksandr Andrushchenko, xen-devel

On 22/08/17 06:59, Oleksandr Andrushchenko wrote:
> Hi, Julien!

Hi Oleksandr,

> On 08/21/2017 01:07 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
>> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for
>> items you
>> woulk like to see in 4.10 so that people have an idea what is going on
>> and
>> prioritise accordingly.
>>
>> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
>> working on.
>>

>> == Toolstack ==
>>
> we are working on adding support for sound/display/mtouch
> into libxl/xl: display support patches + framework
> refactoring patches are on review now: Oleksandr Grytsov is in charge
> Patch set version: 4

I would keep that under the PV drivers. No need to have separate items
for it :).

>> == PV Drivers ==
>>
>> *  Multi-touch
>>    -  Oleksandr Andrushchenko
>>    -  Oleksanr Grytsov
> nothing to be done in Xen, mtouch support is already
> in the Linux kernel. We are not considering QEMU's backend atm
>>
>> *  Sound
>>    -  Oleksandr Andrushchenko
>>    -  Oleksanr Grytsov
> nothing to be done in Xen atm, Linux kernel frontend
> is on review now - may need interface extension
> Patch set version: initial
>> *  Display
>>    -  Oleksandr Andrushchenko
>>    -  Oleksanr Grytsov
> nothing to be done in Xen atm, Linux frontend is not yet
> ready to be upstreamed

Thank you for the update!

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
       [not found] <E1djjcb-0003ZW-LY@lists.xenproject.org>
@ 2017-08-22  5:59 ` Oleksandr Andrushchenko
From: Oleksandr Andrushchenko @ 2017-08-22  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, xen-devel

Hi, Julien!

       [not found] <59c5a995.016@prv1-mh.provo.novell.com>
@ 2017-08-21 12:34 ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2017-08-21 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, Lars Kurth; +Cc: xen-devel

>>> On 21.08.17 at 12:07, <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> *  Completion of the x86 insn emulator (as far as possible)
>   -  XEN-46
>   -  Jan Beulich

Patches for the next step have been pending unreviewed for
exactly 2 months. Considering how much review of new
functionality patches by various people I've been doing during
that period of time (not to speak of how much more is waiting
to be reviewed), I find it really unacceptable that such a series
is bottlenecked by having to wait for a single person (Andrew) to
review it. I can fully understand that he has no time to look
through this (non-trivial) series. Others should finally start
stepping up (and not just for pieces where review is easy and can
be done in a few minutes). Otherwise I may find myself forced to
stop reviewing any new functionality patches contributed by
people not otherwise participating in development in meaningful
ways (which would dramatically shrink my to-be-reviewed queue).

I did bring up in the past the theoretically possible model of
contributors having to build up credit for submitting new
functionality patches. Looking at the patch submission rate I
think this needs to be considered seriously, despite its very
obvious drawbacks.

Jan

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-08-21 10:26 ` Juergen Gross
From: Juergen Gross @ 2017-08-21 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall, xen-devel

On 21/08/17 12:07, Julien Grall wrote:
> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
> woulk like to see in 4.10 so that people have an idea what is going on and
> prioritise accordingly.
>
> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
> working on.
>
> = Timeline =
>
> We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
> year. The upcoming 4.10 timeline are as followed:
>
> * Last posting date: September 15th, 2017
> * Hard code freeze: September 29th, 2017
> * RC1: TBD
> * Release: December 2, 2017
>
> Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
> that wish to go into 4.10 must be posted no later than the last posting
> date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
> into next release.
>
> RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.
>
> We recently introduced a jira instance to track all the tasks (not only big)
> for the project. See: https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.
>
> Most of the tasks tracked by this e-mail also have a corresponding jira task
> referred by XEN-N.
>
> I have started to include the version number of series associated to each
> feature. Can each owner send an update on the version number if the series
> was posted upstream?
>
> = Projects =
>
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> *  Per-cpu tasklet
>   -  XEN-28
>   -  Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
>
> *  Add support of rcu_idle_{enter,exit}
>   -  XEN-27
>   -  Dario Faggioli

*  Add support for modifying hyperviro parameters at runtime
  -  Juergen Gross

Juergen

* Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-08-21 10:07 Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-08-21 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel; +Cc: julien.grall

[...]

*  PVHv2 support
  -  XEN-44
  -  Roger Pau Monne

*  vNVDIMM support for HVM (RFC)
  -  XEN-45
  -  Haozhong Zhang

*  Completion of the x86 insn emulator (as far as possible)
  -  XEN-46
  -  Jan Beulich

*  Getting guest CPUID handling into a better shape
  -  XEN-47
  -  Andrew Cooper

*  Enable L2 Cache Allocation Technology (v14)
  -  XEN-37
  -  Yi Sun

*  Enable Memory Bandwidth Allocation (RFC v2)
  -  XEN-48
  -  Yi Sun

*  Intel LMCE support (v2)
  -  XEN-68
  -  Haozhon Zhang

*  Change xen.efi build and add SHIM_LOCK verification into efi_multiboo2()
  -  XEN-99
  -  Daniel Kiper

=== ARM ===

*  Support Tegra SoCs (RFC)
  -  XEN-49
  -  Kyle Temkin

*  Altp2m for ARM
  -  XEN-94
  -  Sergej Proskurin

*  SMMUv3
  -  XEN-25
  -  Sameer Goel
  -  Shanker Donthineni

*  PL011 emulation (v6)
  -  XEN-97
  -  Bhupinder Thakur

*  Non-Shared IOMMU support (v2)
  -  XEN-100
  -  Oleksandr Tyshchenko

*  IPMMU-VMSA support (RFC)
  -  XEN-101
  -  Oleksandr Tyshchenko

== Toolstack ==

*  Libxl PVSCSI support (v13)
  -  XEN-50
  -  Olaf Hering

*  Libxl depriv QEMU
  -  Ian Jackson

*  Remove blktap2
  -  XEN-8
  -  Wei Liu

== Mini-OS ==

*  ARM64 support
  -  Shijie Huang
  -  Kaly Xin

== PV Drivers ==

*  Xen transport for 9pfs
  -  XEN-51
  -  Stefano Stabellini

*  PV calls
  -  XEN-63
  -  Stefano Stabellini

*  Multi-touch
  -  Oleksandr Andrushchenko
  -  Oleksanr Grytsov

*  Sound
  -  Oleksandr Andrushchenko
  -  Oleksanr Grytsov

*  Display
  -  Oleksandr Andrushchenko
  -  Oleksanr Grytsov

== Testing ==

*  Continuous fuzzing of Xen code using Google oss-fuzz
  -  Wei Liu

== Completed ==

*  ITS emulation (Dom0 only) (v1)
  -  XEN-95
  -  Andre Przywara

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-07-26 15:12       ` Oleksandr Tyshchenko
From: Oleksandr Tyshchenko @ 2017-07-26 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall; +Cc: xen-devel

Hi, Julien

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@arm.com> wrote:
> On 20/07/17 17:57, Manish Jaggi wrote:
>>
>> Hi Julien,
>

> Hello Manish,
>
> I am not sure why piggyback on Daniel Kiper as it is not related to your
> work...

> ... and answer on x86 category when your items look ARM specific.
>
>> I am working on XEN-70, have already posted rfc. [1]
>>
>> Also can you please add a xen-jira issue for the ITS ACPI support [2] v2
>> patches,
>> which I have already sent and am working on next rev.
>

> This is already existing in Jira. See XEN-75.
>
> But as said at the beginning of the e-mail, this is only tracking big
> features. We can't possible track all small items as the mail would become
> too long.
>
> I don't consider the two features you mention as big and don't see the need
> to track them here. But they are already tracked in Jira.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Julien Grall

Please add

=== ARM ===

*  Non-shared IOMMU support (v2)
  -  Oleksandr Tyshchenko

*  IPMMU-VMSA support (RFC)
  -  Oleksandr Tyshchenko

Oleksandr Tyshchenko

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
@ 2017-07-20 17:27     ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2017-07-20 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish Jaggi; +Cc: xen-devel, Nair, Jayachandran, Stefano Stabellini

@ 2017-07-20 16:57   ` Manish Jaggi
From: Manish Jaggi @ 2017-07-20 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kiper, Julien Grall
  Cc: xen-devel, daniel.kiper, Nair, Jayachandran, jbeulich, andrew.cooper3

Hi Julien,
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 02:26:22PM +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
>> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
>> woulk like to see in 4.10 so that people have an idea what is going on and
>> prioritise accordingly.
>>
>> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
>> working on.
>>
>> = Timeline =
>>
>> We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
>> year. The upcoming 4.10 timeline are as followed:
>>
>> * Last posting date: September 15th, 2017
>> * Hard code freeze: September 29th, 2017
>> * RC1: TBD
>> * Release: December 2, 2017
>>
>> Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
>> that wish to go into 4.10 must be posted no later than the last posting
>> date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
>> into next release.
>>
>> RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.
>>
>> We recently introduced a jira instance to track all the tasks (not only big)
>> for the project. See: https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.
>>
>> Most of the tasks tracked by this e-mail also have a corresponding jira task
>> referred by XEN-N.
>>
>> I have started to include the version number of series associated to each
>> feature. Can each owner send an update on the version number if the series
>> was posted upstream?
>>
>> = Projects =
>>
>> == Hypervisor ==
>>
>> *  Per-cpu tasklet
>>    -  XEN-28
>>    -  Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
>>
>> *  Add support of rcu_idle_{enter,exit}
>>    -  XEN-27
>>    -  Dario Faggioli
>>
>> === x86 ===
I am working on XEN-70, have already posted rfc. [1]

Also can you please add a xen-jira issue for the ITS ACPI support [2] v2
patches,
which I have already sent and am working on next rev.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@lists.xen.org/msg110269.html
[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@lists.xen.org/msg111342.html

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
       [not found] <E1dX62i-0000PQ-5X@lists.xenproject.org>
@ 2017-07-20  9:14 ` Yi Sun
From: Yi Sun @ 2017-07-20  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall; +Cc: xen-devel

On 17-07-17 14:26:22, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi, Julien,

Please check latest versions of mine.

> *  Enable L2 Cache Allocation Technology (v8)
>   -  XEN-37
>   -  Yi Sun

v14:
    https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg01379.html

> *  Enable Memory Bandwidth Allocation (RFC)
>   -  XEN-48
>   -  Yi Sun

RFC v2:
    https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2017-07/msg01965.html

Thanks,
Sun Yi

* Re: Xen 4.10 Development Update
       [not found] <E1dX62i-0000PQ-8Y@lists.xenproject.org>
@ 2017-07-19 15:32 ` Daniel Kiper
From: Daniel Kiper @ 2017-07-19 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Grall; +Cc: xen-devel, daniel.kiper, jbeulich, andrew.cooper3

Hey Julien,

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 02:26:22PM +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
> woulk like to see in 4.10 so that people have an idea what is going on and
> prioritise accordingly.
>
> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
> working on.
>
> = Timeline =
>
> We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
> year. The upcoming 4.10 timeline are as followed:
>
> * Last posting date: September 15th, 2017
> * Hard code freeze: September 29th, 2017
> * RC1: TBD
> * Release: December 2, 2017
>
> Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
> that wish to go into 4.10 must be posted no later than the last posting
> date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
> into next release.
>
> RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.
>
> We recently introduced a jira instance to track all the tasks (not only big)
> for the project. See: https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.
>
> Most of the tasks tracked by this e-mail also have a corresponding jira task
> referred by XEN-N.
>
> I have started to include the version number of series associated to each
> feature. Can each owner send an update on the version number if the series
> was posted upstream?
>
> = Projects =
>
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> *  Per-cpu tasklet
>   -  XEN-28
>   -  Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
>
> *  Add support of rcu_idle_{enter,exit}
>   -  XEN-27
>   -  Dario Faggioli

Could you add the following project to the list?

*  Change xen.efi build and add SHIM_LOCK verification into efi_multiboot2()
  -  Daniel Kiper

This is probably more 4.11 material but let's have it on the 4.10 list too.
Who knows what may happen.

Thanks,

Daniel

* Xen 4.10 Development Update