* [Buildroot] Change "Target Architecture" does not rebuild everything?
@ 2017-08-26  2:12 Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2017-08-26  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I had a successful build of minnowboard_max_defconfig which generates
a 64-bit kernel and rootfs. Now I want to change the target
architecture to i386 (via 'make menuconfig') to generate a 32-bit
build. But 'make' completed very quickly, and it looks the everything
does not get rebuilt.

Is this supposed behavior? or a bug?

Regards,
Bin

* [Buildroot] Change "Target Architecture" does not rebuild everything?
@ 2017-08-26  8:12 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2017-08-26  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:12:26 +0800, Bin Meng wrote:

> I had a successful build of minnowboard_max_defconfig which generates
> a 64-bit kernel and rootfs. Now I want to change the target
> architecture to i386 (via 'make menuconfig') to generate a 32-bit
> build. But 'make' completed very quickly, and it looks the everything
> does not get rebuilt.
>
> Is this supposed behavior? or a bug?

Expected behavior. See
https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#full-rebuild.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Change "Target Architecture" does not rebuild everything?
@ 2017-08-26 12:33   ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2017-08-26 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 10:12:26 +0800, Bin Meng wrote:
>
>> I had a successful build of minnowboard_max_defconfig which generates
>> a 64-bit kernel and rootfs. Now I want to change the target
>> architecture to i386 (via 'make menuconfig') to generate a 32-bit
>> build. But 'make' completed very quickly, and it looks the everything
>> does not get rebuilt.
>>
>> Is this supposed behavior? or a bug?
>
> Expected behavior. See
> https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#full-rebuild.