* long initialization of rte_eal_hugepage_init
@ 2017-09-06  3:24 王志克
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: 王志克 @ 2017-09-06  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, dev

Hi All,

I observed that rte_eal_hugepage_init() will take quite long time if there are lots of huge pages. Example I have 500 1G huge pages, and it takes about 2 minutes. That is too long especially for application restart case.

If the application only needs limited huge page while the host have lots of huge pages, the algorithm is not so efficent. Example, we only need 1G memory from each socket.

What is the proposal from DPDK community? Any solution?

Note I tried version dpdk 16.11.

Br,
Wang Zhike