* RFC iproute2 doc files
@ 2017-09-20 15:11 Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2017-09-20 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

I noticed that the iproute man pages are up to date but the LaTex documentation
is very out of date. Rarely updated since the Linux 2.2 days.

Either someone needs to do a massive editing job on them, or they should just
be dropped. My preference would be to just drop everything in the doc/ directory.
The current versions are so old, they can't be helping.

* Re: RFC iproute2 doc files
@ 2017-09-28  7:18 ` Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2017-09-28  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: netdev

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 08:11:59AM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> I noticed that the iproute man pages are up to date but the LaTex documentation
> is very out of date. Rarely updated since the Linux 2.2 days.
>
> Either someone needs to do a massive editing job on them, or they should just
> be dropped. My preference would be to just drop everything in the doc/ directory.
> The current versions are so old, they can't be helping.

FWIW, removing stale documentation sounds sensible to me.

* Re: RFC iproute2 doc files
@ 2017-09-29 17:28   ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2017-09-29 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Horman; +Cc: netdev

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 09:18:04 +0200
Simon Horman <simon.horman@netronome.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 08:11:59AM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > I noticed that the iproute man pages are up to date but the LaTex documentation
> > is very out of date. Rarely updated since the Linux 2.2 days.
> >
> > Either someone needs to do a massive editing job on them, or they should just
> > be dropped. My preference would be to just drop everything in the doc/ directory.
> > The current versions are so old, they can't be helping.
>
> FWIW, removing stale documentation sounds sensible to me.

I removed all the stale ones. The file ip-cref was occasionally updated.

* Re: RFC iproute2 doc files
@ 2017-10-02  7:31 ` Leon Romanovsky
From: Leon Romanovsky @ 2017-10-02  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: netdev

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 08:11:59AM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> I noticed that the iproute man pages are up to date but the LaTex documentation
> is very out of date. Rarely updated since the Linux 2.2 days.
>
> Either someone needs to do a massive editing job on them, or they should just
> be dropped. My preference would be to just drop everything in the doc/ directory.
> The current versions are so old, they can't be helping.

If my vote counts, I will say to drop it.

Thanks

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: RFC iproute2 doc files
@ 2017-10-02 14:56   ` Stephen Hemminger