* [Qemu-devel] qemu.org: new git repos to be mirrored (qemu-palcode, capstone, keycodemapdb)
@ 2017-10-12 12:42 Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2017-10-12 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Cody
  Cc: Gerd Hoffmann, QEMU Developers, Stefan Hajnoczi,
	Daniel P. Berrange, Paolo Bonzini, Richard Henderson

On 12 October 2017 at 11:14, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:13:23PM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> >
>> > Can that be made 100% automated - I don't want to have to push
>> > changes to
>> > two different git repos.
>>
>> Yes, seabios works that way for example.
>
> Ok, lets do that mirror then we can use git:// and we're consistent with
> other submodules we use

We also have RTH's capstone disassembler patchset which wants to
use capstone as a more-or-less-required dependency, and we have
the one loose end in our current submodules that the qemu-palcode
rom is using a non-qemu.org URL.

So can we set up these repos to be mirrored on qemu.org:
 * git://github.com/rth7680/qemu-palcode.git
 * https://github.com/aquynh/capstone.git
 * https://gitlab.com/keycodemap/keycodemapdb.git

please?

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu.org: new git repos to be mirrored (qemu-palcode, capstone, keycodemapdb)
@ 2017-10-12 14:01 ` Jeff Cody
From: Jeff Cody @ 2017-10-12 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell
  Cc: Gerd Hoffmann, QEMU Developers, Stefan Hajnoczi,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 01:42:54PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 12 October 2017 at 11:14, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> Yes, seabios works that way for example.
> >
> > Ok, lets do that mirror then we can use git:// and we're consistent with
> > other submodules we use
>
> We also have RTH's capstone disassembler patchset which wants to
> use capstone as a more-or-less-required dependency, and we have
> the one loose end in our current submodules that the qemu-palcode
> rom is using a non-qemu.org URL.
>
> So can we set up these repos to be mirrored on qemu.org:
>  * git://github.com/rth7680/qemu-palcode.git
>  * https://github.com/aquynh/capstone.git
>  * https://gitlab.com/keycodemap/keycodemapdb.git
>
> please?
>
> thanks

Done.

The git.qemu.org URLs are:

git://git.qemu.org/capstone.git
https://git.qemu.org/git/capstone.git

git://git.qemu.org/keycodemapdb.git
https://git.qemu.org/git/keycodemapdb.git

git://git.qemu.org/qemu-palcode.git
https://git.qemu.org/git/qemu-palcode.git

And of course they can also be viewed via the gitweb interface:

https://git.qemu.org/

I have NOT set these to push to our github mirror account, since I assume it
is read-only.  Would you prefer I go ahead and mirror them there as well,
anyway?

-Jeff

* Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu.org: new git repos to be mirrored (qemu-palcode, capstone, keycodemapdb)
@ 2017-10-12 14:16   ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2017-10-12 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Cody
  Cc: Gerd Hoffmann, QEMU Developers, Stefan Hajnoczi,

On 12 October 2017 at 15:01, Jeff Cody <jcody@redhat.com> wrote:
> Done.

Great, thanks.

> The git.qemu.org URLs are:
>
> git://git.qemu.org/capstone.git
> https://git.qemu.org/git/capstone.git
>
> git://git.qemu.org/keycodemapdb.git
> https://git.qemu.org/git/keycodemapdb.git
>
> git://git.qemu.org/qemu-palcode.git
> https://git.qemu.org/git/qemu-palcode.git
>

> And of course they can also be viewed via the gitweb interface:
>
> https://git.qemu.org/
>

> I have NOT set these to push to our github mirror account, since I assume it
> is read-only.  Would you prefer I go ahead and mirror them there as well,
> anyway?

We don't need them to be on  github, but on the other hand looking at
the github page https://github.com/qemu/ we seem to generally
have our other mirrors (eg u-boot, dtc) also pushed to github.
So I don't mind but we should I guess aim for consistency.

@ 2017-10-12 14:42     ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2017-10-12 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, Jeff Cody
  Cc: Gerd Hoffmann, QEMU Developers, Stefan Hajnoczi,
	Daniel P. Berrange, Richard Henderson

On 12/10/2017 16:16, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 12 October 2017 at 15:01, Jeff Cody <jcody@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Done.
>
> Great, thanks.

... and the github mirrors too.