* [Tech-board-discuss] Seeking another term on the TAB
@ 2017-10-22 15:03 Jonathan Corbet
From: Jonathan Corbet @ 2017-10-22 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tech Board Discuss

I would like to nominate myself for another round on the Linux
Foundation's Technical Advisory Board.  You may know me as the lead
editor of LWN.net or as the kernel's documentation maintainer.

Over the last couple of years my activities on the board have included
working as a liaison between the board and the Linux Plumbers Conference
committee.  I have served as the vice-chair of the board, which doesn't
sound all that impressive and is even less so in reality.  I worked on TAB
initiatives like the recent GPL enforcement statement, and I started a few
of my own, such as the unsuccessful attempt to find a home for Gmane at the
LF when its founder abruptly retired.  I have worked with the
events-management group to improve the technical content of LF conferences.

My biggest contribution, though, may be serving as an early-warning system,
trying to keep the TAB and the Foundation aware of situations I see in the
community that could become problematic.

If returned to the TAB, I expect to do more of the same.  I think that the
Linux Foundation does much that is good in the community, and I would like
to support that.  At the same time, I do occasionally worry that the LF's
rapid growth risks pulling it away from the community where it started, and
I would like to continue to work to ensure that the LF does not lose track
of the values of the community that this whole ecosystem relies on.

jon

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-22 15:03 UTC | newest]