* Can jitter also be smaller than amount of time or only bigger ?
@ 2017-11-27 16:25 Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2017-11-27 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

Hello,

When using rt linux, does it mean that the jitter is in both direction
or only bigger than amount of time for wait ?
For example, if we set periodic timer for 1msec, can it also be that
we get the interrupt before the 1msec period ended ?

Thank you.
Ran

* Re: Can jitter also be smaller than amount of time or only bigger ?
@ 2017-11-29 16:33 ` Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior @ 2017-11-29 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ran Shalit; +Cc: linux-rt-users

On 2017-11-27 18:25:23 [+0200], Ran Shalit wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

> When using rt linux, does it mean that the jitter is in both direction
> or only bigger than amount of time for wait ?
> For example, if we set periodic timer for 1msec, can it also be that
> we get the interrupt before the 1msec period ended ?

With or without RT: the timer must not fire too early. I can fire
_after_ the 1ms deadline but never before that.

> Thank you.
> Ran

Sebastian