* Re: new KVM branch for linux-next
       [not found] <60545562-09bf-77bd-53f2-786508bdc53e@redhat.com>
@ 2017-11-27 21:24 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-11-27 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini
  Cc: Radim Krčmář, Marcelo Tosatti, Gleb Natapov, KVM

Hi Paolo,

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 17:44:24 +0100 Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> could you please add refs/heads/master of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm.git to linux-next, right
> before the existing refs/heads/linux-next tree?

Added from today with you and the KVM mailing list as contacts.

Can you tell me what this tree is for?  Will it only contain bug fixes
for he current release?

BTW, the contacts for the "kvm" tree are Marcelo Tosatti
<mtosatti@redhat.com>, Gleb Natapov <gleb@kernel.org>, KVM
<kvm@vger.kernel.org> - are they all still appropriate?

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: new KVM branch for linux-next
@ 2017-11-28  8:57   ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2017-11-28  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Radim Krčmář, Marcelo Tosatti, Gleb Natapov, KVM

On 27/11/2017 22:24, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 17:44:24 +0100 Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> could you please add refs/heads/master of
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm.git to linux-next, right
>> before the existing refs/heads/linux-next tree?
>
> Added from today with you and the KVM mailing list as contacts.
> Can you tell me what this tree is for?  Will it only contain bug fixes
> for he current release?

Correct.

> BTW, the contacts for the "kvm" tree are Marcelo Tosatti
> <mtosatti@redhat.com>, Gleb Natapov <gleb@kernel.org>, KVM
> <kvm@vger.kernel.org> - are they all still appropriate?

No, please replace with:

Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Radim Krcmar <rkrcmar@redhat.com>
KVM <kvm@vger.kernel.org>

for both kvm.git trees.

Thanks,

Paolo

@ 2017-11-28 22:44     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-11-28 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini
  Cc: Radim Krčmář, Marcelo Tosatti, Gleb Natapov, KVM

Hi Paolo,

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 09:57:54 +0100 Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 27/11/2017 22:24, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >
> > Added from today with you and the KVM mailing list as contacts.
> > Can you tell me what this tree is for?  Will it only contain bug fixes
> > for he current release?
>
> Correct.

OK, so I have renamed teh tree to kvm-fixes and moved it up to be with
the other fixes trees (which I merge first).

> No, please replace with:
>
> Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
> Radim Krcmar <rkrcmar@redhat.com>
> KVM <kvm@vger.kernel.org>

Done.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: new KVM branch for linux-next
@ 2017-12-06  8:31   ` Christian Borntraeger
From: Christian Borntraeger @ 2017-12-06  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Cornelia Huck
  Cc: Paolo Bonzini, Radim Krčmář, KVM, linux-s390

Stephen,

when we are at it: can you also add branch master of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvms390/linux.git

(probably after the kvm/master thing)

A good name might be kvms390-fixes

This will contain fixes for kvm on s390 targeted for the current release.
Usually this branch will be merged in Paolos kvm/master which will
then go to Linus

As contact please use
"Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger@de.ibm.com>"
"Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com>"
kvm@vger.kernel.org
linux-s390@vger.kernel.org

Thanks a lot

Christian

@ 2017-12-06 22:47     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-12-06 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Borntraeger
  Cc: Cornelia Huck, Paolo Bonzini, Radim Krčmář,
	KVM, linux-s390

Hi Christian,

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 09:31:16 +0100 Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger@de.ibm.com> wrote:

> when we are at it: can you also add branch master of
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvms390/linux.git
>
> (probably after the kvm/master thing)
>
> A good name might be kvms390-fixes
>
> This will contain fixes for kvm on s390 targeted for the current release.
> Usually this branch will be merged in Paolos kvm/master which will
> then go to Linus
>
> As contact please use
> "Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger@de.ibm.com>"
> "Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com>"