* Re: lttng-relayd---->lttng-relayd communication
       [not found] <CY4PR1001MB2246EC77AA536AD1D087EDA4D0FA0@CY4PR1001MB2246.namprd10.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2018-02-02 21:18 ` Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
       [not found] ` <20180202211856.GA20408@joraj-alpa>
From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien @ 2018-02-02 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramith Shetty; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi Ramith,

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 12:08:03PM +0000, Ramith Shetty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please let us know if we can establish the below setup with the lttng-relayd?

As of today lttng-relayd cannot act as a "client" to another lttng-relayd.

Could you explain a bit more what would be the end goal here?

Cheers

> [target1:session-daemon]-------tracepath---> [target2:lttng-relayd]-------tracepath------>[target3:lttng-relayd]-------->viewer
>

> Regards,
> Ramith

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS

@ 2018-02-03  5:08   ` Ramith Shetty
       [not found]   ` <CY4PR1001MB22467FDB4FAA53FFD8F16AFDD0F80@CY4PR1001MB2246.namprd10.prod.outlook.com>
From: Ramith Shetty @ 2018-02-03  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your support.

If we have a setup as below. Can we stream the logs to host SystemA  from TargetB below?

Here TargetA and TargetB are part of a private network. Only TargetA has connectivity to SystemA. We need to stream data from TargetB to SystemA.

[    TargetB----->TargetA    ]------->[SystemA]

Regards,
Ramith

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 12:08:03PM +0000, Ramith Shetty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please let us know if we can establish the below setup with the lttng-relayd?

As of today lttng-relayd cannot act as a "client" to another lttng-relayd.

Could you explain a bit more what would be the end goal here?

Cheers

> [target1:session-daemon]-------tracepath---> [target2:lttng-relayd]-------tracepath------>[target3:lttng-relayd]-------->viewer
>

> Regards,
> Ramith

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS

@ 2018-02-03 18:11     ` Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
       [not found]     ` <20180203181159.GA11730@joraj-alpa>
From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien @ 2018-02-03 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramith Shetty; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 05:08:25AM +0000, Ramith Shetty wrote:

> If we have a setup as below. Can we stream the logs to host SystemA  from TargetB below?
>
> Here TargetA and TargetB are part of a private network. Only TargetA has connectivity to SystemA. We need to stream data from TargetB to SystemA.
>
> [    TargetB----->TargetA    ]------->[SystemA]

This seems like a perfect match for ssh tunneling via TargetA.

On System A:
    Start lttng-relayd.
      The default ports are as follow:
        Control port: tcp://0.0.0.0:5342
        Data port: tcp://0.0.0.0:5343
        Live port: tcp://localhost:5344

On Target B:
    Create a ssh tunnel via Target A:
      ssh -nNT -L 9990:SystemA:5342 -L 9991:SystemA:5343 targetA

    Setup live session correctly:
      lttng create --set-url net://localhost:9990:9991 --live
      lttng ...

At that point you should be able to attach locally a babeltrace to SystemA.
Note that the ssh tunnel needs to be up for everything to work. It might require
some adjustment depending on your network configuration etc.

I tested it locally with 3 VMs and everything seems to work fine.

Cheers

@ 2018-02-05 16:02       ` Jesper Derehag
       [not found]       ` <HE1P190MB03951D13C91256CE43BE6BBEDDFE0@HE1P190MB0395.EURP190.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
From: Jesper Derehag @ 2018-02-05 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien, Ramith Shetty; +Cc: lttng-dev

Or netcat if you want to skip the encryption overhead.

/Jesper

@ 2018-02-05 16:21         ` Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
       [not found]         ` <20180205162111.GB15132@joraj-alpa>
From: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien @ 2018-02-05 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Derehag; +Cc: lttng-dev

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 04:02:13PM +0000, Jesper Derehag wrote:
> Or netcat if you want to skip the encryption overhead.

Good point!

Also for a more permanent installation I think one could use IPtables.
Unfortunately, I do not use IPtables enough to give advices on that end.

Cheers

> /Jesper

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS

@ 2018-02-06 16:02           ` Ramith Shetty
From: Ramith Shetty @ 2018-02-06 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Rajotte-Julien, Jesper Derehag; +Cc: lttng-dev

Thanks a lot Jonathan and Jesper for your support.

Regards,
Ramith

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 04:02:13PM +0000, Jesper Derehag wrote:
> Or netcat if you want to skip the encryption overhead.

Good point!

Also for a more permanent installation I think one could use IPtables.
Unfortunately, I do not use IPtables enough to give advices on that end.

Cheers

> /Jesper

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS