* sdbusplus port for host-ipmid
@ 2018-02-12 23:01 Liz Kammer
From: Liz Kammer @ 2018-02-12 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone working on the sd_bus.h -> sdbusplus port for host-ipmid? I am
hoping to work on this issue
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/issues/109, but I don't want
to step on toes.

Thanks,
Liz

* Re: sdbusplus port for host-ipmid
@ 2018-02-14 17:17 ` Vernon Mauery
From: Vernon Mauery @ 2018-02-14 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liz Kammer; +Cc: openbmc

On 12-Feb-2018 11:01 PM, Liz Kammer wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Is anyone working on the sd_bus.h -> sdbusplus port for host-ipmid? I am
>hoping to work on this issue
>https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/issues/109, but I don't want
>to step on toes.

I am happy to hear you are working on this. I don't know if anyone else
is working on it or not, but I do know that host-ipmid is under very
active development. You will have fewer collisions with others if you
make and push incremental changes (like for one file at a time). If you
push one big patchset, it will likely conflict with every other commit
in review.

--Vernon

* Re: sdbusplus port for host-ipmid
@ 2018-02-15  1:22   ` Joel Stanley
From: Joel Stanley @ 2018-02-15  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liz Kammer; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist, Vernon Mauery, wak

Hi Liz,

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 3:47 AM, Vernon Mauery
<vernon.mauery@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 12-Feb-2018 11:01 PM, Liz Kammer wrote:
>>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Is anyone working on the sd_bus.h -> sdbusplus port for host-ipmid? I am
>> hoping to work on this issue
>> https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-host-ipmid/issues/109, but I don't
>> want
>> to step on toes.

I was searching through gerrit for something else and came across this
patch from William:

 https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/8938/

I won't assume that because you have the same domain name in your
email address that you're aware of each other's work. But perhaps you
are! Either way perhaps you and William can let us know which parts
you're working on and keep everyone on the list updated.

> I am happy to hear you are working on this. I don't know if anyone else is
> working on it or not, but I do know that host-ipmid is under very active
> development. You will have fewer collisions with others if you make and push
> incremental changes (like for one file at a time). If you push one big
> patchset, it will likely conflict with every other commit in review.

That's good advice.

Cheers,

Joel

* Re: sdbusplus port for host-ipmid