* Submitted patch, what to do next
@ 2018-03-07 16:28 Alex Arvelaez
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Alex Arvelaez @ 2018-03-07 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,

I sent a small patch to the LKML. I sent it to one of the mantainers
(as per get_mantainers.pl) and I CC-ed linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.

I'm not entirely sure I did everything properly and I was wondering
how long does it usually take to get any feedback? It's been a couple
weeks since I sent it.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Regards,

Alex

* Submitted patch, what to do next
@ 2018-03-07 16:35 ` inventsekar
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: inventsekar @ 2018-03-07 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Congrats Alex!

(hoping this is ur first patch).

I expect myself to send my first patch, in the next 3 to 6 months. Let's
see.

best regards
Sekar

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018, 9:58 PM Alex Arvelaez <ealejandro@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I sent a small patch to the LKML. I sent it to one of the mantainers
> (as per get_mantainers.pl) and I CC-ed linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.
>
> I'm not entirely sure I did everything properly and I was wondering
> how long does it usually take to get any feedback? It's been a couple
> weeks since I sent it.
>
> Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Submitted patch, what to do next
@ 2018-03-07 16:54 ` haolee.swjtu
From: haolee.swjtu @ 2018-03-07 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2018-03-07 17:02   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2018-03-07 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 12:54:50AM +0800, haolee.swjtu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The upstream developers may reply to you in 1-3 days, so I think they have
> ignored your patch. You can send it again.

Please give the maintainers 1-2 weeks to get to a patch.  After that
it's safe to resend.  Not 1-3 days, that's crazy fast :)

thanks,

greg k-h

* Submitted patch, what to do next
@ 2018-03-07 17:05 ` Kamil Konieczny
From: Kamil Konieczny @ 2018-03-07 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On 07.03.2018 17:28, Alex Arvelaez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I sent a small patch to the LKML. I sent it to one of the mantainers
> (as per get_mantainers.pl) and I CC-ed linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.

imho you should send it to all e-mails given by get_maintainers

> I'm not entirely sure I did everything properly and I was wondering
> how long does it usually take to get any feedback? It's been a couple
> weeks since I sent it.
>
> Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Best regards,
Kamil

* Submitted patch, what to do next
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-03-08  6:16 ` Tobin C. Harding
From: Tobin C. Harding @ 2018-03-08  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 04:28:07PM +0000, Alex Arvelaez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I sent a small patch to the LKML. I sent it to one of the mantainers
> (as per get_mantainers.pl) and I CC-ed linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org.
>
> I'm not entirely sure I did everything properly and I was wondering
> how long does it usually take to get any feedback? It's been a couple
> weeks since I sent it.

Resend after 14 days. Not a second before :)

	Tobin