* [Buildroot] amd-gpu-bin-mx51 cannot be fetched
@ 2018-03-15 17:48 Gary Bisson
From: Gary Bisson @ 2018-03-15 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi all,

Today a customer of ours wanted to build a rootfs for i.MX51 and
reported that amd-gpu-bin-mx51 binary cannot be fetched.

Indeed it seems that Freescale/NXP removed it from their server.

Fortunately, some people mirrored it:
http://support.garz-fricke.com/mirror/amd-gpu-bin-mx51-11.09.01.bin

What would be your preferred approach? Adding that binary to
http://sources.buildroot.net/?

FYI, I checked that the mirrored version has the same hash as before and
installs properly.

Note that interestingly enough, the x11 version of the package is
already saved in buildroot sources.
http://sources.buildroot.net/amd-gpu-x11-bin-mx51-11.09.01.bin

Regards,
Gary

* [Buildroot] amd-gpu-bin-mx51 cannot be fetched
@ 2018-03-31 21:09 ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2018-03-31 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hi all,
 > Today a customer of ours wanted to build a rootfs for i.MX51 and
 > reported that amd-gpu-bin-mx51 binary cannot be fetched.

 > Indeed it seems that Freescale/NXP removed it from their server.

 > Fortunately, some people mirrored it:
 > http://support.garz-fricke.com/mirror/amd-gpu-bin-mx51-11.09.01.bin

 > What would be your preferred approach? Adding that binary to
 > http://sources.buildroot.net/?

The best solution would naturally be if we can get Freescale/NXP to
re-add the file, but in the mean time I have manually put the file on
sources.buildroot.net.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard