* Is there something wrong about the commit log of tools/nextid ?
@ 2018-03-27 10:15 Zorro Lang
From: Zorro Lang @ 2018-03-27 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guaneryu; +Cc: fstests

Hi,

Recently I always find this message when I do:

# git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

        typechange: tools/nextid

Even git pull to latest commit, this problem is still there.
If I did `git blame tools/nextid`, I can't see the commit message
about this file. If I did `git checkout -- tools/nextid`, then
`git blame tools/nextid` shows:

  208422233 (Darrick J. Wong 2015-12-21 18:07:52 +1100 1) sort-group

Only this one line. I don't know what happened to this file, is there
something wrong when merge or push it?

Thanks,
Zorro

* Re: Is there something wrong about the commit log of tools/nextid ?
@ 2018-03-27 16:32 ` Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2018-03-27 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zorro Lang; +Cc: guaneryu, fstests

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 06:15:31PM +0800, Zorro Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I always find this message when I do:
>
> # git status
> On branch master
> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
>
> Changes not staged for commit:
>   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
>   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
>
>         typechange: tools/nextid
>
> Even git pull to latest commit, this problem is still there.
> If I did `git blame tools/nextid`, I can't see the commit message
> about this file. If I did `git checkout -- tools/nextid`, then
> `git blame tools/nextid` shows:
>
>   208422233 (Darrick J. Wong 2015-12-21 18:07:52 +1100 1) sort-group
>
> Only this one line. I don't know what happened to this file, is there
> something wrong when merge or push it?

It's supposed to be a symbolic link, hence the one-line git blame after
you git checkout.

--D

@ 2018-03-28  2:12   ` Zorro Lang
From: Zorro Lang @ 2018-03-28  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong; +Cc: guaneryu, fstests

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 09:32:26AM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 06:15:31PM +0800, Zorro Lang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently I always find this message when I do:
> >
> > # git status
> > On branch master
> > Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
> >
> > Changes not staged for commit:
> >   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> >   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
> >
> >         typechange: tools/nextid
> >
> > Even git pull to latest commit, this problem is still there.
> > If I did `git blame tools/nextid`, I can't see the commit message
> > about this file. If I did `git checkout -- tools/nextid`, then
> > `git blame tools/nextid` shows:
> >
> >   208422233 (Darrick J. Wong 2015-12-21 18:07:52 +1100 1) sort-group
> >
> > Only this one line. I don't know what happened to this file, is there
> > something wrong when merge or push it?
>
> It's supposed to be a symbolic link, hence the one-line git blame after
> you git checkout.

Thanks, yes, I notice that it's a symbolic link now. I just don't know why
I need to do git checkout after a normal git pull. I didn't change anything
before git pull.

Anyway, I can't reproduce this issue after git checkout that file. If no
one hit this issue too, please ignore my issue :)

Thanks again,
Zorro