* Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
       [not found]   ` <FA1DB435B97D5A4192BAE54A4EA542A99ABEF68F@CNMAILEX04.lenovo.com>
@ 2018-02-15 14:42     ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2018-02-15 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter FP1 Zhang, Platform Driver, Darren Hart
  Cc: Jordan Glover, Christian Kellner, ibm-acpi-devel, bberg

+Cc: PDx86 ML, Darren

(Luckily entire discussion is kept in this mail)

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
@ 2018-02-15 18:21       ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-02-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko
  Cc: Peter FP1 Zhang, Platform Driver, Darren Hart, Jordan Glover,
	Christian Kellner, ibm-acpi-devel, bberg

On Thu, 15 Feb 2018, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> (Luckily entire discussion is kept in this mail)
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:07 AM, Peter FP1 Zhang <zhangfp1@lenovo.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I was told by our BIOS/Thermal team that the two events are designed for Windows OS, for Linux we can just ignore them directly.

The patch to do that is quite trivial, would anyone like to try his/her
hand at it?  There are examples already in the thinkpad-acpi code of
events we ignore...

Although it would have been nice to know what these events actually mean
and what they hint the windows drivers to do, since we might have wanted
to leverage them in Linux userspace as well :p

> > 0x60F0  HK_THERMAL_TRANSFORMATION_CHANGED,  ASL method is GTMS
> > 0x6032  HK_DYNAMIC_THERMAL_CONTROL_SET_COMMAND_COMPLIETION,  ASL method is DYTC

--
  Henrique Holschuh

* RE: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
@ 2018-02-17 13:47         ` Peter FP1 Zhang
       [not found]           ` <FA1DB435B97D5A4192BAE54A4EA542A99ABF1461-bOPtaeQOlBPKZl9SKDgXa6BKnGwkPULj@public.gmane.org>
From: Peter FP1 Zhang @ 2018-02-17 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, Jordan Glover, Andy Shevchenko
  Cc: Platform Driver, Darren Hart, Christian Kellner, ibm-acpi-devel, bberg

Thank you Henrique!

@Jordan,

Would you like to try the patch Henrique mentioned?

--
  Henrique Holschuh

* RE: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
@ 2018-02-17 17:20           ` Jordan Glover
       [not found]           ` <FA1DB435B97D5A4192BAE54A4EA542A99ABF1461-bOPtaeQOlBPKZl9SKDgXa6BKnGwkPULj@public.gmane.org>
From: Jordan Glover @ 2018-02-17 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter FP1 Zhang
  Cc: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, Andy Shevchenko, Platform Driver,
	Darren Hart, Christian Kellner, ibm-acpi-devel, bberg

On February 17, 2018 1:47 PM, Peter FP1 Zhang  wrote:

>Thank you Henrique!
>
> @Jordan,
>
> Would you like to try the patch Henrique mentioned?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Zhang \ 张福平,  PMP
> ThinkPad & ThinkStation Linux Solutions
> Tel: (+86) 181-1611-8005 | Lenovo Shanghai
>
> Linux for Those Who Do - http://www.lenovo.com/linux

Yes, I can try it when it would be available.

​Jordan

@ 2018-04-03 12:04             ` Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel
From: Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel @ 2018-04-03 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter FP1 Zhang
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, Darren Hart

On February 17, 2018 2:47 PM, Peter FP1 Zhang <zhangfp1@lenovo.com> wrote:

> Thank you Henrique!
>
> @Jordan,
>
> Would you like to try the patch Henrique mentioned?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Zhang \ 张福平, PMP
>
> ThinkPad & ThinkStation Linux Solutions
>
> Tel: (+86) 181-1611-8005 | Lenovo Shanghai
>
> Linux for Those Who Do - http://www.lenovo.com/linux

Hi, any status update on this?

BTW: What's the official git repo for thinkpad acpi? One mentioned in MAINTAINERS doesn't
seem legit[1]. It would be nice if it can be updated.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/MAINTAINERS?h=v4.16#n13701

​Jordan

* Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
@ 2018-04-03 16:30               ` Peter FP1 Zhang
       [not found]                 ` <FA1DB435B97D5A4192BAE54A4EA542A99AC542CC-bOPtaeQOlBPKZl9SKDgXa6BKnGwkPULj@public.gmane.org>
From: Peter FP1 Zhang @ 2018-04-03 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, Jordan Glover
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Darren Hart

@Henrique,

Would you mind giving some hints to Jordan? Thanks.

@ 2018-04-03 18:02                   ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
       [not found]                     ` <20180403180210.v5tnefl2cvdvudfi-ZGHd14iZgfaRjzvQDGKj+xxZW9W5cXbT@public.gmane.org>
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-03 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter FP1 Zhang
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Jordan Glover, Darren Hart

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018, Peter FP1 Zhang wrote:
> @Henrique,
>
> Would you mind giving some hints to Jordan? Thanks.

Not a problem, I will either give hints or write the patch myself soon.
Poke me in one week if I did not reply by that timeframe, please.

Nowadays, thinkpad-acpi lives in the normal Linux trees.  So, patches
get merged into the platform-x86 subsystem tree, and then go to Linus'
tree.

--
  Henrique Holschuh

@ 2018-04-03 18:25                       ` Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel
From: Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel @ 2018-04-03 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,

On April 3, 2018 8:02 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> > BTW: What's the official git repo for thinkpad acpi? One mentioned in MAINTAINERS doesn't seem legit[1]. It would be nice if it can be updated.
> >
> > [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/MAINTAINERS?h=v4.16#n13701
>
> Nowadays, thinkpad-acpi lives in the normal Linux trees. So, patches
>
> get merged into the platform-x86 subsystem tree, and then go to Linus'
>
> tree.
>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Henrique Holschuh

Shouldn't the link in MAINTAINERS be updated then? In current form it will confuse people.
I guess this is the correct repo: ​git://git.infradead.org/linux-platform-drivers-x86.git

​Jordan

@ 2018-04-09  2:58                       ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
       [not found]                         ` <20180409025836.ft3atn4goi4ebc4g-ZGHd14iZgfaRjzvQDGKj+xxZW9W5cXbT@public.gmane.org>
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-09  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter FP1 Zhang
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Would you mind giving some hints to Jordan? Thanks.
>
> Not a problem, I will either give hints or write the patch myself soon.
> Poke me in one week if I did not reply by that timeframe, please.

Patches written (fixed one bug and one annoyance while at it), will send
them later this week after I get some time to test.

--
  Henrique Holschuh

* Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
       [not found]                         ` <20180409025836.ft3atn4goi4ebc4g-ZGHd14iZgfaRjzvQDGKj+xxZW9W5cXbT@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-04-20 12:20                           ` Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel
                                               ` (2 more replies)
From: Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel @ 2018-04-20 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Peter FP1 Zhang, Darren Hart

On April 9, 2018 4:58 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Apr 2018, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
> > > Would you mind giving some hints to Jordan? Thanks.
> >
> > Not a problem, I will either give hints or write the patch myself soon.
> >
> > Poke me in one week if I did not reply by that timeframe, please.
>
> Patches written (fixed one bug and one annoyance while at it), will send
>
> them later this week after I get some time to test.
>

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Henrique Holschuh

Great. Thanks for working on it. Are those patches available somewhere?

​Jordan

* [UNTESTED 1/3] thinkpad-acpi: silence HKEY 0x6032, 0x60f0, 0x6030
@ 2018-04-20 15:16                             ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
       [not found]                             ` <20180420151629.12993-1-hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org>
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-20 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platform Driver
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Golden_Miller83-g/b1ySJe57IkP3XJZ0H8fw,
	Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, FP1 Zhang, Darren Hart

Demote to debug level one existing thermal-control related event, and
also add two new ones that would otherwise trigger unknown event
warnings.  These events are Windows-only for now.

We do report them to userspace in case they become useful in the future.

Signed-off-by: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org>
Reported-by: Jordan Glover <Golden_Miller83-g/b1ySJe57IkP3XJZ0H8fw@public.gmane.org>
---
 Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt |  2 ++
 drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c    | 19 +++++++++++++++++--

diff --git a/Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt b/Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt
index 00b6dfed573c..6cced88de6da 100644
--- a/Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt
+++ b/Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt
@@ -540,8 +540,10 @@ Events that are propagated by the driver to userspace:
 0x6021		ALARM: a sensor is too hot
 0x6022		ALARM: a sensor is extremely hot
 0x6030		System thermal table changed
+0x6032		Thermal Control command set completion  (DYTC, Windows)
 0x6040		Nvidia Optimus/AC adapter related (TO BE VERIFIED)
 0x60C0		X1 Yoga 2016, Tablet mode status changed
+0x60F0		Thermal Transformation changed (GMTS, Windows)

 Battery nearly empty alarms are a last resort attempt to get the
 operating system to hibernate or shutdown cleanly (0x2313), or shutdown
diff --git a/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c b/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
index da1ca4856ea1..cf25f0121d3b 100644
--- a/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
+++ b/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
@@ -212,7 +212,12 @@ enum tpacpi_hkey_event_t {
 	TP_HKEY_EV_ALARM_BAT_XHOT	= 0x6012, /* battery critically hot */
 	TP_HKEY_EV_ALARM_SENSOR_HOT	= 0x6021, /* sensor too hot */
 	TP_HKEY_EV_ALARM_SENSOR_XHOT	= 0x6022, /* sensor critically hot */
-	TP_HKEY_EV_THM_TABLE_CHANGED	= 0x6030, /* thermal table changed */
+	TP_HKEY_EV_THM_TABLE_CHANGED	= 0x6030, /* windows; thermal table changed */
+	TP_HKEY_EV_THM_CSM_COMPLETED    = 0x6032, /* windows; thermal control set
+						   * command completed. Related to
+						   * AML DYTC */
+	TP_HKEY_EV_THM_TRANSFM_CHANGED  = 0x60F0, /* windows; thermal transformation
+						   * changed. Related to AML GMTS */

 	/* AC-related events */
 	TP_HKEY_EV_AC_CHANGED		= 0x6040, /* AC status changed */
@@ -4042,7 +4047,17 @@ static bool hotkey_notify_6xxx(const u32 hkey,

 	switch (hkey) {
 	case TP_HKEY_EV_THM_TABLE_CHANGED:
-		pr_info("EC reports that Thermal Table has changed\n");
+		pr_debug("EC reports: Thermal Table has changed\n");
+		/* recommended action: do nothing, we don't have
+		 * Lenovo ATM information */
+		return true;
+	case TP_HKEY_EV_THM_CSM_COMPLETED:
+		pr_debug("EC reports: Thermal Control Command set completed (DYTC)\n");
+		/* recommended action: do nothing, we don't have
+		 * Lenovo ATM information */
+		return true;
+	case TP_HKEY_EV_THM_TRANSFM_CHANGED:
+		pr_debug("EC reports: Thermal Transformation changed (GMTS)\n");
 		/* recommended action: do nothing, we don't have
 		 * Lenovo ATM information */
 		return true;
--
2.11.0

* [UNTESTED 2/3] thinkpad-acpi: do not report thermal sensor state for tablet mode switch
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-20 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platform Driver
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Golden_Miller83-g/b1ySJe57IkP3XJZ0H8fw,
	Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, FP1 Zhang, Darren Hart

We should not do a thermal sensors state dump to the kernel log just
because the laptop is reporting that it changed into or out of tablet
mode.

Signed-off-by: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org>
---
 drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c | 2 +-

diff --git a/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c b/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
index cf25f0121d3b..3d70ef7e8a68 100644
--- a/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
+++ b/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
@@ -4098,7 +4098,7 @@ static bool hotkey_notify_6xxx(const u32 hkey,
 		tpacpi_input_send_tabletsw();
 		hotkey_tablet_mode_notify_change();
 		*send_acpi_ev = false;
-		break;
+		return true;

 	case TP_HKEY_EV_PALM_DETECTED:
 	case TP_HKEY_EV_PALM_UNDETECTED:
--
2.11.0

* [UNTESTED 3/3] thinkpad-acpi: silence false-positive-prone pr_warn
       [not found]                             ` <20180420151629.12993-1-hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org>
  2018-04-20 15:16                               ` [UNTESTED 2/3] thinkpad-acpi: do not report thermal sensor state for tablet mode switch Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
@ 2018-04-20 15:16                               ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-20 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platform Driver
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Golden_Miller83-g/b1ySJe57IkP3XJZ0H8fw,
	Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, FP1 Zhang, Darren Hart

Do not consider unknown HKEY events in the 0x6000 range to be thermal
warnings.  Instead, handle them as a generic unknown HKEY event, which
are reported to the kernel log at priority "notice", and do not trigger
a thermal registers state dump to the log.

Signed-off-by: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org>
---
 drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c | 9 +++------

diff --git a/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c b/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
index 3d70ef7e8a68..a0e9ce0d85b9 100644
--- a/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
+++ b/drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad_acpi.c
@@ -4039,8 +4039,6 @@ static bool hotkey_notify_6xxx(const u32 hkey,
 				 bool *send_acpi_ev,
 				 bool *ignore_acpi_ev)
 {
-	bool known = true;
-
 	/* 0x6000-0x6FFF: thermal alarms/notices and keyboard events */
 	*send_acpi_ev = true;
 	*ignore_acpi_ev = false;
@@ -4107,13 +4105,12 @@ static bool hotkey_notify_6xxx(const u32 hkey,
 		return true;

 	default:
-		pr_warn("unknown possible thermal alarm or keyboard event received\n");
-		known = false;
+		/* report simply as unknown, no sensor dump */
+		return false;
 	}

 	thermal_dump_all_sensors();
-
-	return known;
+	return true;
 }

 static void hotkey_notify(struct ibm_struct *ibm, u32 event)
--
2.11.0

@ 2018-04-20 15:17                             ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
       [not found]                               ` <20180420151750.bp4wy3fm6ymniool-ZGHd14iZgfaRjzvQDGKj+xxZW9W5cXbT@public.gmane.org>
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-20 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jordan Glover
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, Jordan Glover wrote:

> > > Not a problem, I will either give hints or write the patch myself soon.
> > >
> > > Poke me in one week if I did not reply by that timeframe, please.
> >
> > Patches written (fixed one bug and one annoyance while at it), will send
> >
> > them later this week after I get some time to test.

I apologise for the delay, had severe issues to deal with this week and
they are not over yet.

I will send the (untested) patches, please test.

--
  Henrique Holschuh

@ 2018-04-24 10:16                                 ` Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel
From: Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel @ 2018-04-24 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,

On April 20, 2018 5:17 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, Jordan Glover wrote:

> > > Patches written (fixed one bug and one annoyance while at it), will send
> > >
> > > them later this week after I get some time to test.
>
> I apologise for the delay, had severe issues to deal with this week and
>
> they are not over yet.
>
> I will send the (untested) patches, please test.
>

> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Henrique Holschuh

I tested patches on top of Linux 4.17-rc1. The warning message is gone, everything works good.

​Jordan

* Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
@ 2018-04-24 11:28                                   ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
       [not found]                                     ` <20180424112801.63ojsumt34q26wor-ZGHd14iZgfaRjzvQDGKj+xxZW9W5cXbT@public.gmane.org>
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-24 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hart, Andy Shevchenko
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Jordan Glover,
	Peter FP1 Zhang

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel wrote:
> On April 20, 2018 5:17 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > I will send the (untested) patches, please test.
>
> I tested patches on top of Linux 4.17-rc1. The warning message is gone, everything works good.

Thanks for testing!

Andy, Darren, looks like we can add Jordan's Tested-by: and schedule the
three patches for the next merge window...

Do you want me to respin the patches with the tested-by and without the
untested prefix, or can you take them directly?

--
  Henrique Holschuh

@ 2018-04-24 16:12                                       ` Andy Shevchenko
       [not found]                                         ` <CAHp75VciLyh1Y1sws69Hn=vN39suV+HH-JwNLcbeUnZ_dwrc0Q-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2018-04-24 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Jordan Glover,
	Peter FP1 Zhang, Darren Hart

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 2:28 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel wrote:
>> On April 20, 2018 5:17 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> > I will send the (untested) patches, please test.
>>
>> I tested patches on top of Linux 4.17-rc1. The warning message is gone, everything works good.
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> Andy, Darren, looks like we can add Jordan's Tested-by: and schedule the
> three patches for the next merge window...
>
> Do you want me to respin the patches with the tested-by and without the
> untested prefix, or can you take them directly?

Yes, please.
It will make our life easier.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* [PATCH 1/3] thinkpad-acpi: silence HKEY 0x6032, 0x60f0, 0x6030
       [not found]                                         ` <CAHp75VciLyh1Y1sws69Hn=vN39suV+HH-JwNLcbeUnZ_dwrc0Q-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-04-24 19:56                                           ` Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
  2018-04-24 19:56                                           ` [PATCH 2/3] thinkpad-acpi: do not report thermal sensor state for tablet mode switch Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-24 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platform Driver
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Andy Shevchenko,
	Golden_Miller83-g/b1ySJe57IkP3XJZ0H8fw,
	Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, FP1 Zhang, Darren Hart

Demote to debug level one existing thermal-control related event, and
also add two new ones that would otherwise trigger unknown event
warnings.  These events are Windows-only for now.

We do report them to userspace in case they become useful in the future.

Signed-off-by: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org>
Reported-by: Jordan Glover <Golden_Miller83-g/b1ySJe57IkP3XJZ0H8fw@public.gmane.org>
Tested-by: Jordan Glover <Golden_Miller83-g/b1ySJe57IkP3XJZ0H8fw@public.gmane.org>
---

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-24 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platform Driver
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner,
[...]

* [PATCH 3/3] thinkpad-acpi: silence false-positive-prone pr_warn
       [not found]                                             ` <20180424195605.17526-3-hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org>
From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh @ 2018-04-24 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Platform Driver
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner,

@ 2018-04-25 11:13                                   ` Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel
From: Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel @ 2018-04-25 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,

On April 24, 2018 12:16 PM, Jordan Glover <Golden_Miller83@protonmail.ch> wrote:

> On April 20, 2018 5:17 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh@hmh.eng.br wrote:

> > I apologise for the delay, had severe issues to deal with this week and
> >
> > they are not over yet.
> >
> > I will send the (untested) patches, please test.
> >
> > Henrique Holschuh
>
> I tested patches on top of Linux 4.17-rc1. The warning message is gone, everything works good.
>
> Jordan

Hm, actually the warning message still occurs but only when booting from cold:

thinkpad_acpi: Unknown/reserved multi mode value 0x0000 for type 4,
please report this to ibm-acpi-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

After reboot this message is gone. Previously it was printed on every boot, that's
why I thought it's gone completely. There aren't any messages about unhandled
keys anymore.

​Jordan

* Re: ThinkPad Yoga 370 thinkpad_acpi unhandled events
@ 2018-04-25 11:25                                     ` Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel
From: Jordan Glover via ibm-acpi-devel @ 2018-04-25 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f
  Cc: bberg-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	Andy Shevchenko, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, Peter FP1 Zhang,
	Darren Hart

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​

> > > I apologise for the delay, had severe issues to deal with this week and
> > >
> > > they are not over yet.
> > >
> > > I will send the (untested) patches, please test.
> > >
> > > Henrique Holschuh
> >
> > I tested patches on top of Linux 4.17-rc1. The warning message is gone, everything works good.
> >
> > Jordan
>
> Hm, actually the warning message still occurs but only when booting from cold:
>
> thinkpad_acpi: Unknown/reserved multi mode value 0x0000 for type 4,
>
> please report this to ibm-acpi-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> After reboot this message is gone. Previously it was printed on every boot, that's
>
> why I thought it's gone completely. There aren't any messages about unhandled
>
> keys anymore.
>
> Jordan

Nah, sorry. It was always printed only after cold boot. The patches fixed messages
about unhandled keys for certain but that one above seems unrelated and untouched.

​Jordan

* Re: [PATCH 3/3] thinkpad-acpi: silence false-positive-prone pr_warn
@ 2018-04-25 14:16                                               ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2018-04-25 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
  Cc: Benjamin Berg, Christian Kellner, Platform Driver,
	ibm-acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f, Jordan Glover,
	FP1 Zhang, Darren Hart

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 10:56 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh-N3TV7GIv+o9fyO9Q7EP/yw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Do not consider unknown HKEY events in the 0x6000 range to be thermal
> warnings.  Instead, handle them as a generic unknown HKEY event, which
> are reported to the kernel log at priority "notice", and do not trigger
> a thermal registers state dump to the log.

All 3 are pushed to my review and testing queue, thanks!

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko