* [Buildroot] makedev capabilities support - capablities lost after booting the image
@ 2018-04-16 12:17 AAlex_
From: AAlex_ @ 2018-04-16 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,
setting the cappabilities of an executable via BR2_ROOT_FS_DEVICE_TABLE as
descripted in [9.5.1. Setting file permissions and ownership and adding
custom devices nodes] fails.
When capabilities specified to an file they are set in the disk image, means
if i mount the disk image file and check via getcap it get the excpected
capabilities.
But if the builroot system boots, the capablities are lost.
Is there another lib/flag? The buildroot system supports capabilities
because I set it via an startscript within buildroot system, but this is not
longer possible because I want to swtich to read only root_fs. This is the
reason I want to set the capablilities via device_table.

Regards,
Alex

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/

* [Buildroot] makedev capabilities support - capablities lost after booting the image
@ 2018-04-16 12:31 ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2018-04-16 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Alex,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 05:17:42AM -0700, AAlex_ wrote:
> setting the cappabilities of an executable via BR2_ROOT_FS_DEVICE_TABLE as
> descripted in [9.5.1. Setting file permissions and ownership and adding
> custom devices nodes] fails.
> When capabilities specified to an file they are set in the disk image, means
> if i mount the disk image file and check via getcap it get the excpected
> capabilities.
> But if the builroot system boots, the capablities are lost.
> Is there another lib/flag? The buildroot system supports capabilities
> because I set it via an startscript within buildroot system, but this is not
> longer possible because I want to swtich to read only root_fs. This is the
> reason I want to set the capablilities via device_table.

Not all filesystems support extended attributes. What filesystem do you use?
How do you generate your filesystem?

baruch

* [Buildroot] makedev capabilities support - capablities lost after booting the image
@ 2018-04-16 20:18   ` AAlex_
From: AAlex_ @ 2018-04-16 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,
Changed to  ext4, but thanks for the hint.
Forgot to set the ext4 posix Extension in Kernel.
Now it works.

Alex

--
Sent from: http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/