* DSA switch
@ 2018-05-02 20:20 Ran Shalit
From: Ran Shalit @ 2018-05-02 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hello,

Is it possible to use switch just like external real switch,
connecting all ports to the same subnet ?

In our architecture, we prefer that all IPs connected to board shall
be in the same subnet.

Yet, I am not sure if it is possible with dsa switch, because in dsa
the ports are seen in linux as separated interfaces. If we set all
interfaces to the same subnet, it will be problematic, because cpu
won't know in which interface to send output packets, Right ?

for example, can I use the following configuration ? Does it only
require to config ip address of lan0-lan3 ?

net mask 255.255.0.0
lan0 - 10.1.0.1  ------ connected to PC 10.1.0.2
lan1 - 10.1.0.3
lan2 - 10.1.0.5