* Pending patches for 4.11?
@ 2018-05-22  6:57 Juergen Gross
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Juergen Gross @ 2018-05-22  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: committers, xen-devel

Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?

Are any important patches missing my Release-ack?

I'd like to have a final rc this Friday and hope OSStest will catch up
in order to have an on time release early June.

Juergen

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
@ 2018-05-22  7:53 ` Wei Liu
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Wei Liu @ 2018-05-22  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Gross
  Cc: xen-devel, committers, Wei Liu, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 08:57:26AM +0200, Juergen Gross wrote:
> Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?
>
> Are any important patches missing my Release-ack?
>
> I'd like to have a final rc this Friday and hope OSStest will catch up
> in order to have an on time release early June.

There is one issue that would affects compiling kdd with gcc 8. Marek
hasn't posted a new patch. I will have a look today.

Wei.

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
@ 2018-05-22  7:56 ` Julien Grall
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-05-22  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Gross, committers, xen-devel

Hi,

On 05/22/2018 07:57 AM, Juergen Gross wrote:
> Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?

Yes, the ARM counterpart of XSA-264 (Speculative Store Bypass). I am
going to post a first version today.

> Are any important patches missing my Release-ack?
>
> I'd like to have a final rc this Friday and hope OSStest will catch up
> in order to have an on time release early June.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
@ 2018-05-22  9:26   ` Julien Grall
From: Julien Grall @ 2018-05-22  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Gross, committers, xen-devel

On 05/22/2018 08:56 AM, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 05/22/2018 07:57 AM, Juergen Gross wrote:
>> Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?
>
> Yes, the ARM counterpart of XSA-264 (Speculative Store Bypass). I am
> going to post a first version today.

I meant XSA-263. Sorry for the confusion.

--
Julien Grall

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
@ 2018-05-22 10:42 ` Jan Beulich
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jan Beulich @ 2018-05-22 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Gross; +Cc: xen-devel, committers

>>> On 22.05.18 at 08:57, <jgross@suse.com> wrote:
> Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?

x86: correct vCPU dirty CPU handling
x86/HVM: correct mtrr_pat_not_equal()
libxc/x86: don't hand through CPUID leaf 0x80000008 as is
x86/CPUID: don't override tool stack decision to hide STIBP

The first three these have discussion stuck somewhere, while the last
one is a result from a stuck discussion on a 4.8/4.7 patch. For the MTRR
one I'm not entirely certain this is really needed for 4.11 (I wouldn't
have thought of backporting it in any event, unless someone explicitly
asked for it).

Plus the kdd build issue that Wei has already mentioned.

Of course it would also be nice to address the reported S3 regression.

Jan

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-05-22 10:58 ` Andrew Cooper
From: Andrew Cooper @ 2018-05-22 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Gross, committers, xen-devel

On 22/05/18 07:57, Juergen Gross wrote:
> Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?
>
> Are any important patches missing my Release-ack?
>
> I'd like to have a final rc this Friday and hope OSStest will catch up
> in order to have an on time release early June.

There appears to be an oxenstored regression, suspected to be related to
the immutable string changes.  I may be submitting a reversion request,
depending on testing.

There is also an open assertion failure which XenServer's testing can
spot occasionally, but that I've not had time to investigate any further.

~Andrew

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-05-22 11:26 ` George Dunlap
From: George Dunlap @ 2018-05-22 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Gross, committers, xen-devel

On 05/22/2018 07:57 AM, Juergen Gross wrote:
> Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?
>
> Are any important patches missing my Release-ack?
>
> I'd like to have a final rc this Friday and hope OSStest will catch up
> in order to have an on time release early June.

There were several reports of regressions in migration -- have those
been resolved?

 -George

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
@ 2018-05-23  8:28   ` Roger Pau Monné
From: Roger Pau Monné @ 2018-05-23  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cooper; +Cc: Juergen Gross, xen-devel, committers

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 11:58:35AM +0100, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 22/05/18 07:57, Juergen Gross wrote:
> > Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?
> >
> > Are any important patches missing my Release-ack?
> >
> > I'd like to have a final rc this Friday and hope OSStest will catch up
> > in order to have an on time release early June.
>
> There appears to be an oxenstored regression, suspected to be related to
> the immutable string changes.  I may be submitting a reversion request,
> depending on testing.
>
> There is also an open assertion failure which XenServer's testing can
> spot occasionally, but that I've not had time to investigate any further.

Is this the same assertion reported by NetBSD?

https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2018-04/msg01872.html

Roger.

* Re: Pending patches for 4.11?
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-05-29  9:41 ` Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2018-05-29  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juergen Gross; +Cc: xen-devel, committers

>>> On 22.05.18 at 08:57, <jgross@suse.com> wrote:
> Are there any patches for 4.11 still pending?
>
> Are any important patches missing my Release-ack?

libxc/x86/PV: don't hand through CPUID leaf 0x80000008 as is
x86: suppress sync when XPTI is disabled for a domain
x86: correct default_xen_spec_ctrl calculation
x86/CPUID: don't override tool stack decision to hide STIBP

The 2nd is only a small optimization, so may not be as much of a
candidate as the other three.

Jan