* mpt3sas regression...
@ 2018-06-24  4:46 David Miller
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: David Miller @ 2018-06-24  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

Commit:

==========
commit cf6bf9710cabba1fe94a4349f4eb8db623c77ebc
Author: Chaitra P B <chaitra.basappa@broadcom.com>
Date:   Tue Apr 24 05:28:30 2018 -0400

    scsi: mpt3sas: Bug fix for big endian systems.
==========

actually breaks big-endian.  This driver has been working perfectly
fine for more a decade or so on my sparc64 test systems up until this
point.

If you are just responding to sparse warnings, please do not do that.
What big-endian system did you test this change on?

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask that this change be reverted.

Thank you.

* RE: mpt3sas regression...
@ 2018-06-26 12:17 ` Chaitra Basappa
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Chaitra Basappa @ 2018-06-26 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

Hi David,
 Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Yes,  "scsi: mpt3sas: Bug fix for big
endian systems." patch was posted to fix sparse warnings.
I missed the testing. Currently we are testing on sparc64 system and soon
I will be reposting the patch based on the findings.

Thanks,
 Chaitra

commit cf6bf9710cabba1fe94a4349f4eb8db623c77ebc
Author: Chaitra P B <chaitra.basappa@broadcom.com>
Date:   Tue Apr 24 05:28:30 2018 -0400

@ 2018-06-27 14:40 ` Chaitra Basappa
From: Chaitra Basappa @ 2018-06-27 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

David,
 Please let us know what is the issue faced and  if its recreating then
share the driver logs with logging_level=0x3f8.

Thanks,
 Chaitra

Author: Chaitra P B <chaitra.basappa@broadcom.com>
Date:   Tue Apr 24 05:28:30 2018 -0400

@ 2018-06-28  0:15 ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2018-06-28  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

From: Chaitra Basappa <chaitra.basappa@broadcom.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 19:58:34 +0530

>  Please let us know what is the issue faced and  if its recreating then
> share the driver logs with logging_level=0x3f8.

The driver cannot even probe successfully to start scanning for disks
because some busy bit never clears.  I think it was in one of the
firmware status registers or the doorbell register.

* RE: mpt3sas regression...
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-06-28 15:57 ` Chaitra Basappa
From: Chaitra Basappa @ 2018-06-28 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sparclinux

David,
  I could see the same issue on sparc64 system, soon we will repost the
patch addressing this.

Thanks,
 Chaitra