* nbdkit as a flexible alternative to loopback mounts
@ 2018-09-05  1:55 Chris Murphy
From: Chris Murphy @ 2018-09-05  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Btrfs BTRFS

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2018/09/04/nbdkit-as-a-flexible-alternative-to-loopback-mounts/

This is a pretty cool writeup. I can vouch Btrfs will format mount,
write to, scrub, and btrfs check works on an 8EiB (virtual) disk.

The one thing I thought might cause a problem is the ndb device has a
1KiB sector size, but Btrfs (on x86_64) still uses 4096 byte "sector"
and it all seems to work fine despite that.

Anyway, maybe it's useful for some fstests instead of file backed
losetup devices?

--
Chris Murphy