* [Buildroot] Sponsoring needed for the Buildroot Developers Meeting
@ 2018-09-08 12:36 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-09-08 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

As already announced on the mailing list, we are going to have a
Buildroot Developers Meeting on October 20-21 in Edinburgh. This
meeting is really important, as it allows a number of core Buildroot
developers to work together during two days, and spend this time
reviewing pending patches and discussing current topics/issues in
Buildroot.

  https://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysELCE2018

We have this meeting next to ELCE every year, and most of the time, we
manage to find a meeting location for free, often in a hackerspace or
company.

However, for the Edinburgh edition, despite lots of effort, we haven't
been able to find a meeting location free of charge, and meeting rooms
to rent were either expensive or offered limited opening hours (or
both).

Therefore, we booked an Airbnb place that is sufficiently large to host
the meetinng during the two days. The cost is 683 EUR, see the receipt
at http://thomas.enix.org/airbnb-buildroot-meeting-oct2018.png.

In order to offset the cost of renting this place, we are looking for
companies willing to make a donation to sponsor this event. We have a
legal entity called "Buildroot Association" in France with a bank
account, so we can issue a bill and receive a wire transfer.
Considering the overall cost, even two sponsors at 200-250 EUR would be
sufficient. It is a very small cost compared to the amount of work that
is done by volunteer developers on their spare time during this meeting.

Of course, donations from individuals are also welcome, but considering
the number of companies using Buildroot, we believe it should be
possible to find 2/3 small companies willing to help the project.

Of course, companies who sponsor the event will be visible on
https://buildroot.org/sponsors.html, and will be thanked in the next
release announcement e-mail.

Do not hesitate to contact me for additional details.

Thanks a lot for your support,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] Sponsoring needed for the Buildroot Developers Meeting
@ 2018-09-10 16:30 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2018-09-10 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On 08/09/2018 14:36, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As already announced on the mailing list, we are going to have a
> Buildroot Developers Meeting on October 20-21 in Edinburgh. This
> meeting is really important, as it allows a number of core Buildroot
> developers to work together during two days, and spend this time
> reviewing pending patches and discussing current topics/issues in
> Buildroot.
>
>   https://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysELCE2018
>
> We have this meeting next to ELCE every year, and most of the time, we
> manage to find a meeting location for free, often in a hackerspace or
> company.
>
> However, for the Edinburgh edition, despite lots of effort, we haven't
> been able to find a meeting location free of charge, and meeting rooms
> to rent were either expensive or offered limited opening hours (or
> both).
>
> Therefore, we booked an Airbnb place that is sufficiently large to host
> the meetinng during the two days. The cost is 683 EUR, see the receipt
> at http://thomas.enix.org/airbnb-buildroot-meeting-oct2018.png.
>
> In order to offset the cost of renting this place, we are looking for
> companies willing to make a donation to sponsor this event. We have a
> legal entity called "Buildroot Association" in France with a bank
> account, so we can issue a bill and receive a wire transfer.
> Considering the overall cost, even two sponsors at 200-250 EUR would be
> sufficient. It is a very small cost compared to the amount of work that
> is done by volunteer developers on their spare time during this meeting.
>
> Of course, donations from individuals are also welcome, but considering
> the number of companies using Buildroot, we believe it should be
> possible to find 2/3 small companies willing to help the project.

 Essensium/Mind will certainly be a sponsor for the meeting room. Additional
sponsors are still welcome, though.

 Regards,
 Arnout

@ 2018-09-10 18:46   ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2018-09-10 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:30:38 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

> > Of course, donations from individuals are also welcome, but considering
> > the number of companies using Buildroot, we believe it should be
> > possible to find 2/3 small companies willing to help the project.
>
>  Essensium/Mind will certainly be a sponsor for the meeting room. Additional
> sponsors are still welcome, though.

I've had privately proposals from two other companies to sponsor the
event, so it looks like this call for sponsoring worked well!

Thanks a lot,

Thomas