* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your build results for 2018-10-28
       [not found] <20181029070026.9C8E12099B@mail.bootlin.com>
@ 2018-10-29  9:16 ` Sébastien Szymanski
From: Sébastien Szymanski @ 2018-10-29  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

On 10/29/2018 08:00 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is the list of Buildroot build failures that occured on
> 2018-10-28, and for which you are a registered architecture developer
> or package developer. Please help us improving the quality of
> Buildroot by investigating those build failures and sending patches to
> fix them. Thanks!
>
> Results for the 'master' branch
> ===============================
>
> Build failures related to your packages:
>
>      aarch64 | mmc-utils-37c86e60c0442fef5... | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/233ef5c00951b5be10a59408f4a8781ecc658d74
>      aarch64 | mmc-utils-37c86e60c0442fef5... | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/eba3cf4ac21095bca5af2d5d1d69aca0c9098f9b

A patch has been proposed to fix this:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10654531/

Should we copy it in BR or wait for it to be accepted by upstream?

S?bastien Szymanski
Software engineer, Armadeus Systems
Tel: +33 (0)9 72 29 41 44
Fax: +33 (0)9 72 28 79 26

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your build results for 2018-10-28
@ 2018-10-29  9:30   ` Baruch Siach
From: Baruch Siach @ 2018-10-29  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi S?bastien

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 10:16:13AM +0100, S?bastien Szymanski wrote:
> On 10/29/2018 08:00 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > This is the list of Buildroot build failures that occured on
> > 2018-10-28, and for which you are a registered architecture developer
> > or package developer. Please help us improving the quality of
> > Buildroot by investigating those build failures and sending patches to
> > fix them. Thanks!
> >
> > Results for the 'master' branch
> > ===============================
> >
> > Build failures related to your packages:
> >
> >      aarch64 | mmc-utils-37c86e60c0442fef5... | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/233ef5c00951b5be10a59408f4a8781ecc658d74
> >      aarch64 | mmc-utils-37c86e60c0442fef5... | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/eba3cf4ac21095bca5af2d5d1d69aca0c9098f9b
> >

> A patch has been proposed to fix this:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10654531/
>
> Should we copy it in BR or wait for it to be accepted by upstream?

No need to wait. It might take time for upstream to apply the patch. In the
meant time we it would be nice to clean the autobuilder. Once upstream fixes
the issue we can drop the patch with the version bump.

baruch

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your build results for 2018-10-28
@ 2018-10-30 17:05   ` Peter Korsgaard
From: Peter Korsgaard @ 2018-10-30 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

 > Hi,
 > On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 12:00 AM Thomas Petazzoni
 > <thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com> wrote:
 >>
 >> x86_64 | docker-containerd-v1.1.3 |
 >> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/9f8ac26c691b699ac9953c5a6f5ec42f1b50e55e
 >> x86_64 | docker-engine-v17.05.0-ce |
 >> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/16b07236e62a1f334e3a6a7708faf909e3c7f677
 >> x86_64 | docker-engine-v17.05.0-ce |
 >> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/816b4162daf30842bfe261e4fa42493fdd3fbb3a
 >> x86_64 | docker-engine-v17.05.0-ce |
 >> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/5c921fc04bc7bbdfee08451e270cf8a6ddb569d5

 > These are the same "invalid operation" Go compiler bug that we have
 > seen before. I will investigate if updating Go fixes the issue, and
 > spin a patch. for 1.11.1.

Ok, thanks.

 > In the meantime, has there been any further consideration to this
 > patch, which affects both of these packages:

 >  - https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/969253/

I see Thomas did a review and asked a number of questions. Please reply
to those, thanks.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

* [Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your build results for 2018-10-28
       [not found] <20181029070026.A6EF0209B0@mail.bootlin.com>
@ 2018-10-29 16:40 ` Christian Stewart
From: Christian Stewart @ 2018-10-29 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 12:00 AM Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com> wrote:

>       x86_64 |       docker-containerd-v1.1.3 | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/9f8ac26c691b699ac9953c5a6f5ec42f1b50e55e
>       x86_64 |      docker-engine-v17.05.0-ce | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/16b07236e62a1f334e3a6a7708faf909e3c7f677
>       x86_64 |      docker-engine-v17.05.0-ce | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/816b4162daf30842bfe261e4fa42493fdd3fbb3a
>       x86_64 |      docker-engine-v17.05.0-ce | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/5c921fc04bc7bbdfee08451e270cf8a6ddb569d5

These are the same "invalid operation" Go compiler bug that we have
seen before. I will investigate if updating Go fixes the issue, and
spin a patch. for 1.11.1.

In the meantime, has there been any further consideration to this
patch, which affects both of these packages:

 - https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/969253/

Thanks,
Christian