* PLEASE READ: kernelci.org bot email problems
@ 2018-11-01 18:51 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2018-11-01 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

The bot@kernelci.org emails are being bounced by vger.kernel.org

The reason is that there are always syntax errors in the SMTP
headers.

Specifical, the From address is:

From:   kernelci.orgbot <bot@kernelci.org>

By SMTP rules, when special characters such a '.' appear in
headers, the string must be surrounded by double quotes.

Can someone please contact whoever maintains the bot so
they can fix this?

Thank you.

* Re: PLEASE READ: kernelci.org bot email problems
@ 2018-11-02 13:55 ` Matt Hart
From: Matt Hart @ 2018-11-02 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 18:51, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:

> The bot@kernelci.org emails are being bounced by vger.kernel.org
>
> The reason is that there are always syntax errors in the SMTP
> headers.
>
> Specifical, the From address is:
>
> From:   kernelci.orgbot <bot@kernelci.org>
>
> By SMTP rules, when special characters such a '.' appear in
> headers, the string must be surrounded by double quotes.

We mostly just rely on gmail to deal with this, so it's pretty
disappointing to see a malformed header.

> Can someone please contact whoever maintains the bot so
> they can fix this?

Many thanks for the info! We'll get on this asap.

@ 2018-11-06 14:11   ` Matt Hart
From: Matt Hart @ 2018-11-06 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 13:55, Matt Hart <matthew.hart@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 18:51, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
> >

> > The bot@kernelci.org emails are being bounced by vger.kernel.org
> >
> > The reason is that there are always syntax errors in the SMTP
> > headers.
> >
> > Specifical, the From address is:
> >
> > From:   kernelci.orgbot <bot@kernelci.org>
> >
> > By SMTP rules, when special characters such a '.' appear in
> > headers, the string must be surrounded by double quotes.

We believe this is now fixed, could you confirm?