* [Buildroot] qt-webkit-kiosk on Raspberry Pi
@ 2018-10-31 17:28 Michael Toldo
From: Michael Toldo @ 2018-10-31 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I just tried to compile the master buildroot for the Raspberry Pi 0 W.
Everything worked well an I was able to boot the image. I wanted to start
the qt-webkit-kiosk but this error occured:

*qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "eglfs" in ""This
application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.Available
platform plugins are: linuxfb, minimal, offscreen, vnc.Aborted*

The .config tells me "*eglfs backend available if OpenGL and EGL are
enabled*" but I guess OpenGL and EGL is already supported by the
rpi-userland.

Can somebody please give me a hint?

Regards
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] qt-webkit-kiosk on Raspberry Pi
@ 2018-11-04 21:20 ` Peter Seiderer
       [not found]   ` <CAHS=Uo_N6w84weSWBXMBZG1t4kFduSFREy-2h9RWujY6TOS3EQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2018-11-04 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Michael,

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 18:28:27 +0100, Michael Toldo <michael.toldo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to compile the master buildroot for the Raspberry Pi 0 W.
> Everything worked well an I was able to boot the image. I wanted to start
> the qt-webkit-kiosk but this error occured:
>

> *qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "eglfs" in ""This
> application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
> initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.Available
> platform plugins are: linuxfb, minimal, offscreen, vnc.Aborted*
>
> The .config tells me "*eglfs backend available if OpenGL and EGL are
> enabled*" but I guess OpenGL and EGL is already supported by the
> rpi-userland.

Seems your have set BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_DEFAULT_QPA=eglfs without
setting BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_EGLFS=y (maybe disabled because of
missing dependencies)? Or you need to do a complete re-build
(after changing some options, see [1])?

Mind to share your .config file?

Regards,
Peter

[1] http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#full-rebuild

@ 2018-11-05 20:19     ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2018-11-05 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Michael,

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 08:59:29 +0100, Michael Toldo <michael.toldo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thank you for your reply! I enabled the BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_EGLFS and did a
> full rebuild again. It's working now!

This is good news ;-), thanks for the feedback...

Regards,
Peter