* [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-07 17:47 Theodore Y. Ts'o
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Theodore Y. Ts'o @ 2018-11-07 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit-discuss

Here is an initial draft agenda for the Kernel Summit track.  I did my
best to avoid potential schedule conflicts, but I'm sure I didn't
quite get things completely right.  Please let me know if you spot any
problems with conflicts with LPC microconfs or other LPC tracks.

I didn't even try to schedule the SoC maintainer group session --- if
members of that group have suggestions about preferred times, please
let me know.

Thanks,

						- Ted

Tuesday November 13th

9:00 Linux and Code of Conduct (Greg K-H)
9:45 TBD / Unconference
10:30 Break
11:00 virtio as a universal communication format (Michael S. Tsirkin)
11:45 GCMA: Guaranteed Contiguous Memory Allocator (SeongJae Park)
12:30 Lunch
2:00 TBD / Unconference
2:45 When eBPF meets FUSE: Improving Performance of User File Systems
	(Ashish Bijlani)
3:30 Break
4:00 Building Stable Kernel Trees with Machine Learning
	(Sasha Levin, Julia Lawall)
4:45 TBD / Unconference

Wednesday November 14th

9:00 TBD / Unconference
9:45 Zinc: Minimal Light-weight Kernel Cryptography API
	(Jason A. Donenfeld)
10:30 Break
11:00 An Introduction to RISC-V (Palmer Dabbelt)
11:45 Clang + Linux (Nick Desaulniers, Greg Hackman)
12:30 Lunch
2:00 TBD / Unconference
2:45 Elivepatch: Flexible Distributed Linux Kernel Live Patching
	(Alice Ferrazzi)
3:30 Break
4:00 TBD / Unconference
4:45 TBD / Unconference

Thursday November 15th

9:00 TBD / Unconference
9:45 Filename encoding and case-insensitive filesystems
	(Gabriel Krisman Bertazi)
10:30 Break
11:00 Who stole my CPU? (Leonid Podolny)
11:45 TBD / Unconference
12:30 Lunch
2:00 Concurrency with tools/memory-model (Andrea Parri, Paul McKenney)
2:45 TBD / Unconference
3:30 Break
4:00 Multiple Time Domains (Thomas Gleixner)
4:45 TBD / Unconference

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-07 21:05 ` Thomas Gleixner
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Gleixner @ 2018-11-07 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Y. Ts'o; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

Ted,

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> Here is an initial draft agenda for the Kernel Summit track.  I did my
> best to avoid potential schedule conflicts, but I'm sure I didn't
> quite get things completely right.  Please let me know if you spot any
> problems with conflicts with LPC microconfs or other LPC tracks.

I didn't spot any obvious ones. That must have been quite some juggling.

Thanks,

	Thomas

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-07 21:53 ` Theodore Y. Ts'o
From: Theodore Y. Ts'o @ 2018-11-07 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ksummit-discuss

Two more additions to the agenda:

Thuesday, November 13th

5:30pm  TAB elections

Thursday, November 15th

2:45pm SoC maintainer group

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-08 10:06 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2018-11-08 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Y. Ts'o; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 12:47:20PM -0500, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Here is an initial draft agenda for the Kernel Summit track.  I did my
> best to avoid potential schedule conflicts, but I'm sure I didn't
> quite get things completely right.  Please let me know if you spot any
> problems with conflicts with LPC microconfs or other LPC tracks.
>
> I didn't even try to schedule the SoC maintainer group session --- if
> members of that group have suggestions about preferred times, please
> let me know.

Looks good.  And busy :)

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2018-11-08 12:28 ` Boaz Harrosh
From: Boaz Harrosh @ 2018-11-08 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Y. Ts'o, ksummit-discuss

On 07/11/18 19:47, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Here is an initial draft agenda for the Kernel Summit track.  I did my
> best to avoid potential schedule conflicts, but I'm sure I didn't
> quite get things completely right.  Please let me know if you spot any
> problems with conflicts with LPC microconfs or other LPC tracks.
>
> I didn't even try to schedule the SoC maintainer group session --- if
> members of that group have suggestions about preferred times, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 						- Ted
>
> Tuesday November 13th
>
> 9:00 Linux and Code of Conduct (Greg K-H)
> 9:45 TBD / Unconference
> 10:30 Break
> 11:00 virtio as a universal communication format (Michael S. Tsirkin)
> 11:45 GCMA: Guaranteed Contiguous Memory Allocator (SeongJae Park)
> 12:30 Lunch
> 2:00 TBD / Unconference
> 2:45 When eBPF meets FUSE: Improving Performance of User File Systems
> 	(Ashish Bijlani)
> 3:30 Break
> 4:00 Building Stable Kernel Trees with Machine Learning
> 	(Sasha Levin, Julia Lawall)
> 4:45 TBD / Unconference
>
> Wednesday November 14th
>
> 9:00 TBD / Unconference
> 9:45 Zinc: Minimal Light-weight Kernel Cryptography API
> 	(Jason A. Donenfeld)
> 10:30 Break
> 11:00 An Introduction to RISC-V (Palmer Dabbelt)
> 11:45 Clang + Linux (Nick Desaulniers, Greg Hackman)
> 12:30 Lunch
> 2:00 TBD / Unconference
> 2:45 Elivepatch: Flexible Distributed Linux Kernel Live Patching
> 	(Alice Ferrazzi)
> 3:30 Break
> 4:00 TBD / Unconference
> 4:45 TBD / Unconference
>
> Thursday November 15th
>
> 9:00 TBD / Unconference
> 9:45 Filename encoding and case-insensitive filesystems
> 	(Gabriel Krisman Bertazi)
> 10:30 Break
> 11:00 Who stole my CPU? (Leonid Podolny)
> 11:45 TBD / Unconference
> 12:30 Lunch
> 2:00 Concurrency with tools/memory-model (Andrea Parri, Paul McKenney)
> 2:45 TBD / Unconference
> 3:30 Break
> 4:00 Multiple Time Domains (Thomas Gleixner)
> 4:45 TBD / Unconference

Hello Ted, folks

I would like to please ask again for a slot to talk about ZUFS, at one of the TBD
slots above?

It is a very big project, that I would love to discuss with the Linux community
and developers. I believe it is a very important project in the up coming years.

All slots are good for me except the 4:45 on Thursday do to an 6 pm flight.

Thanks
Boaz

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-08 15:40   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2018-11-08 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boaz Harrosh; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 02:28:35PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
> I would like to please ask again for a slot to talk about ZUFS, at one of the TBD
> slots above?
>
> It is a very big project, that I would love to discuss with the Linux community
> and developers. I believe it is a very important project in the up coming years.

Unconference slots are important, the committees have already picked all
of the proposed talks for this track, sorry.

And didn't you already discuss this at the filesystems conference?
That's the best place for that, and after that, patches on the list are
what I think everyone is now waiting for.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-08 16:05   ` Theodore Y. Ts'o
From: Theodore Y. Ts'o @ 2018-11-08 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boaz Harrosh; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 02:28:35PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:

> I would like to please ask again for a slot to talk about ZUFS, at one of the TBD
> slots above?
>
> It is a very big project, that I would love to discuss with the Linux community
> and developers. I believe it is a very important project in the up coming years.

So for anyone who wants to schedule one the TBD / Unconference slots,
please send a note to the ksummit-discuss list with a [TOPIC] subject
prefix.  That note should include a description of what will be
discussed, and what the goals / success criteria for that session.
Also please include scheduling conflicts and/or a suggested time slot
that you would prefer.

Scheduling will be based by people responding to the mail thread ---
especially people who will actually *be* at the Plumber's Conference
in vancouver.  If there's general interest and a set of issues where
face to face discussion would be constructive, those topics will be
given priority over people who just want to publicize their project or
just give a status update.  Status updates can always be very
effectively given via e-mail.  :-)

I and other members of the program committee will be monitoring the
mailing list during the conference, so the same procedure should be
used next week.  For now though, I'd like to keep the remaining
sessions unscheduled to give everyone a fair shot at the remaining
slots.  So for people who want to propose topics, please submit
[TOPIC] suggestions to the ksummit mailing list.  We'll do another
review and scheduling pass next week on Monday, right before the
conference starts.

Cheers,

						- Ted

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-08 17:31     ` Boaz Harrosh
From: Boaz Harrosh @ 2018-11-08 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Y. Ts'o; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

On 08/11/18 18:05, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 02:28:35PM +0200, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>>
>> I would like to please ask again for a slot to talk about ZUFS, at one of the TBD
>> slots above?
>>
>> It is a very big project, that I would love to discuss with the Linux community
>> and developers. I believe it is a very important project in the up coming years.
>
> So for anyone who wants to schedule one the TBD / Unconference slots,
> please send a note to the ksummit-discuss list with a [TOPIC] subject
> prefix.  That note should include a description of what will be
> discussed, and what the goals / success criteria for that session.
> Also please include scheduling conflicts and/or a suggested time slot
> that you would prefer.
>
> Scheduling will be based by people responding to the mail thread ---
> especially people who will actually *be* at the Plumber's Conference
> in vancouver.  If there's general interest and a set of issues where
> face to face discussion would be constructive, those topics will be
> given priority over people who just want to publicize their project or
> just give a status update.  Status updates can always be very
> effectively given via e-mail.  :-)
>
> I and other members of the program committee will be monitoring the
> mailing list during the conference, so the same procedure should be
> used next week.  For now though, I'd like to keep the remaining
> sessions unscheduled to give everyone a fair shot at the remaining
> slots.  So for people who want to propose topics, please submit
> [TOPIC] suggestions to the ksummit mailing list.  We'll do another
> review and scheduling pass next week on Monday, right before the
> conference starts.

Cool thanks I will resend my [TOPIC]

> Cheers,
>
> 						- Ted

Boaz

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Draft Kernel Summit track agenda
@ 2018-11-08 18:05       ` Matthew Wilcox
From: Matthew Wilcox @ 2018-11-08 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boaz Harrosh; +Cc: ksummit-discuss