* [Ksummit-discuss] Not running for the TAB again this time
@ 2018-11-13  2:29 ` H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2018-11-13  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech-board-discuss; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

After a lot of consideration I have decided to not run for re-election to the
TAB this year. The reason is that I believe that at this particular juncture
the TAB doesn't need one more white, male, long-term Linux early enthusiast.
Instead I have come to the conclusion that the professionalization of the
Linux community that very much need to happen now requires wider representation.

I am grateful for having been trusted to represent the Linux community in this
way for the last four years, and I may run again at some point in the future.
However, this does not feel to me like the right time to do so.

I would like to urge the community when you cast your ballots to keep this
need in mind.

	-hpa

* [Tech-board-discuss] Not running for the TAB again this time
@ 2018-11-13  2:29 ` H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2018-11-13  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech-board-discuss; +Cc: ksummit-discuss

After a lot of consideration I have decided to not run for re-election to the
TAB this year. The reason is that I believe that at this particular juncture
the TAB doesn't need one more white, male, long-term Linux early enthusiast.
Instead I have come to the conclusion that the professionalization of the
Linux community that very much need to happen now requires wider representation.

I am grateful for having been trusted to represent the Linux community in this
way for the last four years, and I may run again at some point in the future.
However, this does not feel to me like the right time to do so.

I would like to urge the community when you cast your ballots to keep this
need in mind.

	-hpa

* Re: [Ksummit-discuss] [Tech-board-discuss] Not running for the TAB again this time
@ 2018-11-13  4:33   ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2018-11-13  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Peter Anvin; +Cc: tech-board-discuss, ksummit-discuss

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 18:29:00 -0800
"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:

> After a lot of consideration I have decided to not run for re-election to the
> TAB this year. The reason is that I believe that at this particular juncture
> the TAB doesn't need one more white, male, long-term Linux early enthusiast.
> Instead I have come to the conclusion that the professionalization of the
> Linux community that very much need to happen now requires wider representation.
>
> I am grateful for having been trusted to represent the Linux community in this
> way for the last four years, and I may run again at some point in the future.
> However, this does not feel to me like the right time to do so.
>
> I would like to urge the community when you cast your ballots to keep this
> need in mind.

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear that you are not going for re-election. Your input to the
board has been helpful. Thank you for your service.

-- Steve

* Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Not running for the TAB again this time
@ 2018-11-13  4:33   ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2018-11-13  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Peter Anvin; +Cc: tech-board-discuss, ksummit-discuss