* [Cocci] Coccinelle mailing list archives
@ 2018-11-12 16:21 Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2018-11-12 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hello,

The Coccinelle mailing list is now archived here:

https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/

This contains all of the archives that are also on the mailmain site,
which goes back to September 2012.  Unfortunately the previous archives
appear to be lost.  If anyone would like to help with retrieving them and
was subscribed prior to that time with a gmail address, there are
instructions on constructing archives from gmail here:

https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore

Thanks to Himanshu Jha for suggesting this and Konstantin Ryabitsev for
setting it up very quickly.

julia
From: Himanshu Jha @ 2018-11-13  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: cocci

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 10:21:49AM -0600, Julia Lawall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The Coccinelle mailing list is now archived here:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/
>
> This contains all of the archives that are also on the mailmain site,
> which goes back to September 2012.  Unfortunately the previous archives
> appear to be lost.  If anyone would like to help with retrieving them and
> was subscribed prior to that time with a gmail address, there are
> instructions on constructing archives from gmail here:
>
> https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore

One minor comment from Konstantin:

"Just a note that GMail is not a requirement by any means -- the
list-archive-maker script can be used against any mbox or maildir
directory. Gmail just happens to be a place where people have most
complete archives, since nobody bothers deleting anything there."

So, whoever has list archieved dating before 2012 are requested to
follow the procedure in the aforementioned link. There is no problem
is you had some messages deleted as others might have that specific
message.

Yes, various archive donations are then piled up to form a clean
archieve.

> Thanks to Himanshu Jha for suggesting this and Konstantin Ryabitsev for
> setting it up very quickly.

You're welcome!

Now developers who have trouble during installation can easily search
the trunk and possibly get their issues answered.

Send me those archieves and I would pass it to Konstantin.

Thanks!
--
Himanshu Jha
Undergraduate Student