* [U-Boot] i.MX needs prior to DM conversion?
@ 2018-11-23 19:45 Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2018-11-23 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hey guys,

So, from the BLK conversion thread, I'd like to bring up and ask what
needs to happen before we can consider the i.MX families ready for bulk
conversion to using DM (and OF_CONTROL and BLK and ..) at least in full
U-Boot.  I know some things have been converted already and some
platforms do make use of it, but we have some missing items too.  For
example, both drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc.c and drivers/ata/dwc_ahsata.c need
conversion.  Is anyone able to start on either of these soon?  Thanks!

--
Tom
* [U-Boot] i.MX needs prior to DM conversion?
@ 2018-11-26 11:00 ` Stefano Babic
From: Stefano Babic @ 2018-11-26 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

On 23/11/18 20:45, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> So, from the BLK conversion thread, I'd like to bring up and ask what
> needs to happen before we can consider the i.MX families ready for bulk
> conversion to using DM (and OF_CONTROL and BLK and ..) at least in full
> U-Boot.  I know some things have been converted already and some
> platforms do make use of it, but we have some missing items too.  For
> example, both drivers/mmc/fsl_esdhc.c

I guessed fsl_esdhc was already converted.

> and drivers/ata/dwc_ahsata.c

Right.

> need
> conversion.  Is anyone able to start on either of these soon?  Thanks!

This depends on the status of my current projects - I have not at the
moment a project that allows me to work on these topics, so I guess I
cannot be active (very) soon. But things change steadily, who knows...

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de

* [U-Boot] i.MX needs prior to DM conversion?
@ 2018-11-27  8:05   ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2018-11-27  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Stefano,

In message <afb5732c-bc32-c5a9-ecce-b71bdc72032b@denx.de> you wrote:

> > and drivers/ata/dwc_ahsata.c
>
> Right.
>
> > need
> > conversion.  Is anyone able to start on either of these soon?  Thanks!
>
> This depends on the status of my current projects - I have not at the
> moment a project that allows me to work on these topics, so I guess I
> cannot be active (very) soon. But things change steadily, who knows...

Woul that not be primarily a task for the maintainers of the boards
that are actually using this driver?  I can see the following
references in the sources:

board/compulab/cm_fx6/cm_fx6.c:#ifdef CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA
board/tbs/tbs2910/tbs2910.c:#ifdef CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA
configs/apalis_imx6_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/apalis_imx6_nospl_com_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/apalis_imx6_nospl_it_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/cgtqmx6eval_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/cm_fx6_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/dh_imx6_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/dms-ba16-1g_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/dms-ba16_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/gwventana_emmc_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/gwventana_gw5904_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/gwventana_nand_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/mx53loco_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/mx6cuboxi_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/mx6qsabrelite_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/nitrogen6q2g_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/nitrogen6q_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/novena_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/ot1200_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/ot1200_spl_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/tbs2910_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/udoo_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
configs/wandboard_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y

This gives this list of board maintainers:

	Nikita Kiryanov <nikita@compulab.co.il>
	Soeren Moch <smoch@web.de>
	Max Krummenacher <max.krummenacher@toradex.com>
	Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>
	Andreas Geisreiter <ageisreiter@dh-electronics.de>
	Ludwig Zenz <lzenz@dh-electronics.de>
	Akshay Bhat <akshaybhat@timesys.com>
	Ken Lin <Ken.Lin@advantech.com.tw>
	Tim Harvey <tharvey@gateworks.com>
	Jason Liu <jason.hui.liu@nxp.com>
	Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@nxp.com>
	Troy Kisky <troy.kisky@boundarydevices.com>
	Marek Vasut <marex@denx.de>
	Christian Gmeiner <christian.gmeiner@gmail.com>
	Soeren Moch <smoch@web.de>

?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
                  Nail here --X-- for new monitor.

* [U-Boot] i.MX needs prior to DM conversion?
@ 2018-11-27 12:17     ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2018-11-27 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 09:05:28AM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Stefano,
>
> In message <afb5732c-bc32-c5a9-ecce-b71bdc72032b@denx.de> you wrote:
> >
> > > and drivers/ata/dwc_ahsata.c
> >
> > Right.
> >
> > > need
> > > conversion.  Is anyone able to start on either of these soon?  Thanks!
> >
> > This depends on the status of my current projects - I have not at the
> > moment a project that allows me to work on these topics, so I guess I
> > cannot be active (very) soon. But things change steadily, who knows...
>
> Woul that not be primarily a task for the maintainers of the boards
> that are actually using this driver?  I can see the following
> references in the sources:
>
> board/compulab/cm_fx6/cm_fx6.c:#ifdef CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA
> board/tbs/tbs2910/tbs2910.c:#ifdef CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA
> configs/apalis_imx6_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/apalis_imx6_nospl_com_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/apalis_imx6_nospl_it_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/cgtqmx6eval_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/cm_fx6_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/dh_imx6_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/dms-ba16-1g_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/dms-ba16_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/gwventana_emmc_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/gwventana_gw5904_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/gwventana_nand_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/mx53loco_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/mx6cuboxi_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/mx6qsabrelite_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/nitrogen6q2g_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/nitrogen6q_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/novena_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/ot1200_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/ot1200_spl_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/tbs2910_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/udoo_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
> configs/wandboard_defconfig:CONFIG_DWC_AHSATA=y
>
> This gives this list of board maintainers:
>
> 	Nikita Kiryanov <nikita@compulab.co.il>
> 	Soeren Moch <smoch@web.de>
> 	Max Krummenacher <max.krummenacher@toradex.com>
> 	Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>
> 	Andreas Geisreiter <ageisreiter@dh-electronics.de>
> 	Ludwig Zenz <lzenz@dh-electronics.de>
> 	Akshay Bhat <akshaybhat@timesys.com>
> 	Ken Lin <Ken.Lin@advantech.com.tw>
> 	Tim Harvey <tharvey@gateworks.com>
> 	Jason Liu <jason.hui.liu@nxp.com>
> 	Fabio Estevam <fabio.estevam@nxp.com>
> 	Troy Kisky <troy.kisky@boundarydevices.com>
> 	Marek Vasut <marex@denx.de>
> 	Christian Gmeiner <christian.gmeiner@gmail.com>
> 	Soeren Moch <smoch@web.de>

Good point, added all of them to CC, thanks!  But initially this was
just imported from LTIB by Stefano and not seen a direct maintainer of
sorts since, sadly.

--
Tom