* [ANNOUNCE] Xenomai 3.0.8 released
@ 2019-01-14 15:12 Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2019-01-14 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai

An overdue stable release has just been completed. The git repo is
already filled and also provide source download tarballs:

https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/tags/v3.0.8

Just those downloads at the usual places () will follow later.

Changes since 3.0.7:

Christophe BLAESS (1):
      Add the xsc field when rtps reads the sched/acct file.

Giulio Moro (1):
      Rename __clz to xenomai_count_leading_zeros

Henning Schild (5):
      cobalt/x86: add support for eager fpu handling
      cobalt/x86: add ipipe-4.4 eager fpu support
      cobalt: fixup for kernel 4.14+
      cobalt/x86: add ipipe-4.14 eager fpu support
      cobalt/x86: fix condition in eager fpu code for kernels < 4.14

Jan Kiszka (10):
      can: Fix compiler warning about missing braces
      cobalt/posix/signal: Plug leak of pending signal struct on thread deletion
      drivers/analogy: Fix improper memset in Intel 8255
      cobalt/posix/mqueue: Fix crash after failing registration
      cobalt/sched-quota: Account for already consumed time on limit update
      rtnet: Fix lifecycle management of mapped rtskbs
      Remove version name
      Add release generator script
      Remove last version naming fragment
      config: Bump version number

Philippe Gerum (9):
      cobalt/kernel: always use explicit preprocessor conditionals
      cobalt: use generic linux/uaccess.h header
      demo/cyclictest: turn on FIFO mode by default, detecting spurious relaxes
      cobalt/thread: handle case of invalid domain migration over non-rt CPU
      cobalt/intr: IRQ affinity depends on xnsched_realtime_cpus
      cobalt/sched: fix mismatches between supported CPUs and affinity set
      demo/cyclictest: fix time delta calculation
      boilerplate/setup: cobalt: do not advertise non-RT CPUs to applications
      vxworks/mempart: fix error status upon failure to create partition

Sebastian Smolorz (2):
      net: Split internal rtnet.h and install rtdm/net.h and rtdm/uapi/net.h
      drivers/can: Add PCAN-PCI Express OEM ID.

Jan

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xenomai 3.0.8 released
@ 2019-01-14 23:36 ` Alec Ari
From: Alec Ari @ 2019-01-14 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai--- via Xenomai

Lookin good! Hope everyone had a happy new year! A great release to start off the great year of 2019! Cheers!

Alec

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xenomai 3.0.8 released
@ 2019-01-15 14:23 ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2019-01-15 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: Xenomai

Hi Jan,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 04:12:32PM +0100, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:
> An overdue stable release has just been completed.

Do you see any value in a test cycle comparable to the CIP kernel on the BBB?

Greetz
--
———————————————
Josef Holzmayr

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
———————————————
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548

Amtsgericht Ingolstadt - GmbH: HRB 191328 - KG: HRA 170363

@ 2019-01-15 17:02   ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2019-01-15 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr; +Cc: Xenomai

On 15.01.19 15:23, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 04:12:32PM +0100, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:
>> An overdue stable release has just been completed.
>
> Do you see any value in a test cycle comparable to the CIP kernel on the BBB?

If your other test was using master and you didn't run anything against stable
for a while, yes.

Ideally, we should do more of those tests in the future before a release :).

@ 2019-01-16 15:08     ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2019-01-16 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: Xenomai

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 06:02:09PM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 15.01.19 15:23, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
> > Hi Jan,
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 04:12:32PM +0100, Jan Kiszka via Xenomai wrote:
> > > An overdue stable release has just been completed.
> >
> > Do you see any value in a test cycle comparable to the CIP kernel on the BBB?
> >

> If your other test was using master and you didn't run anything against
> stable for a while, yes.

The tests were conducted against 9741e102 which is stable, yet not
exactly HEAD. Will hopefully have some updated results next week.

> Ideally, we should do more of those tests in the future before a release :).

:-)

--