* Potential info leak: Kernel pointer leak?
@ 2019-01-22 13:25 Fuqian Huang
From: Fuqian Huang @ 2019-01-22 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, dmaengine, linux-soc, linux-arm-msm

Hi, recently I came across some code and it seems to be able to leak
kernel address?
Is the following code cause info leak in the Linux kernel?
The callback function address is printed to debugfs.
The local user could know the kernel object address, and is able to
bypass kASLR.
linux-4.14.90
drivers/dma/qcom/hidma_dbg.c:46
function - hidma_ll_chstats

The hidma_ll_chstats function in drivers/dma/qcom/hidma_dbg.c in the
Linux kernel 4.14.90 allows local users to obtain sensitive address
information by reading "callback=" lines in a debugfs file.

Similar to CVE-2018-7754

* Re: Potential info leak: Kernel pointer leak?
@ 2019-01-23 12:24 ` Vinod Koul
From: Vinod Koul @ 2019-01-23 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fuqian Huang; +Cc: linux-kernel, dmaengine, linux-soc, linux-arm-msm

On 22-01-19, 21:25, Fuqian Huang wrote:
> Hi, recently I came across some code and it seems to be able to leak
> kernel address?
> Is the following code cause info leak in the Linux kernel?
> The callback function address is printed to debugfs.
> The local user could know the kernel object address, and is able to
> bypass kASLR.
> linux-4.14.90
> drivers/dma/qcom/hidma_dbg.c:46
> function - hidma_ll_chstats

Doesnt %p not print kernel addresses anymore, see
Documentation/core-api/printk-formats.rst

--
~Vinod

* Re: Potential info leak: Kernel pointer leak?
@ 2019-01-23 15:01   ` Marc Gonzalez
From: Marc Gonzalez @ 2019-01-23 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod Koul, Fuqian Huang; +Cc: LKML, MSM, DMA

On 23/01/2019 13:24, Vinod Koul wrote:

> On 22-01-19, 21:25, Fuqian Huang wrote:
>
>> Recently I came across some code and it seems to be able to leak kernel address?
>> Is the following code cause info leak in the Linux kernel?
>> linux-4.14.90
>
> Doesn't %p not print kernel addresses anymore, see
> Documentation/core-api/printk-formats.rst

Commit ad67b74d2469d9b82aaa ("printk: hash addresses printed with %p")
was merged in v4.15-rc2 and not backported to v4.14 AFAICT.

Regards.