* [Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot
@ 2019-01-11 11:39 Juan A. Rubio
From: Juan A. Rubio @ 2019-01-11 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I've noticed that the imx6 solo VPU is not supported in Buildroot
starting from 2018.02.x

There is some information about this in this commit:
https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/commit/b86b227fda97ef439a3cc0da03da0ebcad5c203a

Has anyone come up with a solution to successfully enable the VPU
libraries on imx6 solo with Buildroot?. Is there any more information
about this that might help to get this to work somehow?

(my use case: hw-accelerated mpeg2 video decoding, through qt-multimedia)

Thanks!

P.S.: I was asking this question on #buildroot earlier today and
'kos_tom' mentioned that this Yocto commit may contiain some clues
about what is going on:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2017-September/021137.html

* [Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot
@ 2019-01-11 12:17 ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-01-11 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Juan,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:39 AM Juan A. Rubio <jarubio2001@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that the imx6 solo VPU is not supported in Buildroot
> starting from 2018.02.x
>
> There is some information about this in this commit:
> https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/commit/b86b227fda97ef439a3cc0da03da0ebcad5c203a

This is related to the VPU library used by the NXP vendor code.

> Has anyone come up with a solution to successfully enable the VPU
> libraries on imx6 solo with Buildroot?. Is there any more information
> about this that might help to get this to work somehow?

I am able to use VPU on mx6 with Buildroot using mainline kernel.

You can use configs/imx6-sabresd_qt5_defconfig as a reference.

Please check this post with the details:
https://imxdev.gitlab.io/tutorial/Decoding_video_with_a_mainline_kernel_on_i.MX6/

* [Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot
@ 2019-01-11 12:58   ` Juan A. Rubio
From: Juan A. Rubio @ 2019-01-11 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Thanks!,

I'll try this other route.

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 12:17 Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:39 AM Juan A. Rubio <jarubio2001@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've noticed that the imx6 solo VPU is not supported in Buildroot
> > starting from 2018.02.x
> >
> > There is some information about this in this commit:
> >
> https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/commit/b86b227fda97ef439a3cc0da03da0ebcad5c203a
>
> This is related to the VPU library used by the NXP vendor code.
>

> > Has anyone come up with a solution to successfully enable the VPU
> > libraries on imx6 solo with Buildroot?. Is there any more information
> > about this that might help to get this to work somehow?
>
> I am able to use VPU on mx6 with Buildroot using mainline kernel.
>
> You can use configs/imx6-sabresd_qt5_defconfig as a reference.
>
> Please check this post with the details:
>
> https://imxdev.gitlab.io/tutorial/Decoding_video_with_a_mainline_kernel_on_i.MX6/

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot
@ 2019-01-11 17:27     ` Gary Bisson
From: Gary Bisson @ 2019-01-11 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

Otherwise, the reason it has been removed is that IMX6S in NXP's
packages doesn't refer to the i.MX6 Solo processors but to the i.MX6
SoloLite and i.MX6 Solo X which do not have a VPU.

You can see it in the menuconfig or package/freescale-imx/Config.in:
config BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX6Q
    bool "imx6q/imx6dl"

config BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX6S
    bool "imx6sl/imx6sx"

So for a i.MX6 Solo processor, you should use the IMX6Q platform as it
is meant for i.MX6 DualLite which is equivalent to the Solo.

I know it all sounds confusing but that's how NXP/Freescale chose to
differentiate their CPU and we decided to match their naming
convention.

Regards,
Gary

Gary Bisson
Boundary Devices, LLC
www.boundarydevices.com

@ 2019-01-11 17:42       ` Juan A. Rubio
From: Juan A. Rubio @ 2019-01-11 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Gary,

Yes, I've seen this overlapping naming convention in other places.
Makes sense. I'll try changing the platform to IMX6Q.

Thanks for the clarification.

BR,
Juan

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 5:27 PM Gary Bisson
<gary.bisson@boundarydevices.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Otherwise, the reason it has been removed is that IMX6S in NXP's
> packages doesn't refer to the i.MX6 Solo processors but to the i.MX6
> SoloLite and i.MX6 Solo X which do not have a VPU.
>
> You can see it in the menuconfig or package/freescale-imx/Config.in:
> config BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX6Q
>     bool "imx6q/imx6dl"
>
> config BR2_PACKAGE_FREESCALE_IMX_PLATFORM_IMX6S
>     bool "imx6sl/imx6sx"
>
> So for a i.MX6 Solo processor, you should use the IMX6Q platform as it
> is meant for i.MX6 DualLite which is equivalent to the Solo.
>
> I know it all sounds confusing but that's how NXP/Freescale chose to
> differentiate their CPU and we decided to match their naming
> convention.
>
> Regards,
> Gary
>
> Gary Bisson
> Boundary Devices, LLC
> www.boundarydevices.com
>

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:59 PM Juan A. Rubio <jarubio2001@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks!,
> >
> > I'll try this other route.
> >

> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 12:17 Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Juan,

> >> This is related to the VPU library used by the NXP vendor code.

> >> I am able to use VPU on mx6 with Buildroot using mainline kernel.
> >>
> >> You can use configs/imx6-sabresd_qt5_defconfig as a reference.
> >>
> >> Please check this post with the details:
> >> https://imxdev.gitlab.io/tutorial/Decoding_video_with_a_mainline_kernel_on_i.MX6/

* [Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot
@ 2019-01-23 16:15         ` Juan A. Rubio
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Juan A. Rubio @ 2019-01-23 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

I'm still chasing the issue of hw-accelerated video playback on my
imx6 solo custom board.

I'm now using the IMX6Q platform in my Buildroot config but I have not
switched to a mainline kernel, and I'm still using the nxp kernel
(imx6dl-sabresd.dts device tree with a few modifications, none of them
related to the VPU or GPU).

In the BSP I can see that the VPU firmware files are in the expected location:
# ls /lib/firmware/vpu/
vpu_fw_imx27_TO1.bin  vpu_fw_imx51.bin      vpu_fw_imx6d.bin
vpu_fw_imx27_TO2.bin  vpu_fw_imx53.bin      vpu_fw_imx6q.bin

I've verified that video decoding works using a software decoder with
this pipeline:
'$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=video.mp4 ! qtdemux ! avdec_h264 !
imxeglvivsink'

However, when I use the hw decoder, I get errors:
'$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=video.mp4 ! qtdemux ! imxvpudec !
imxeglvivsink'

 'failed delayed linking some pad of GstQTDemux named qtdemux0 to some
pad of GstImxVpuDecoder named imxvpudecoder0'

Someone on #gstreamer told me that the 'h264parse' should have been
added before 'imxvpudec', but 'h264parse' is not present in the
gstreamer1 Buildroot package (I can see it is there in the gstreamer
0.x package).

Any ideas on what is the actual problem here?

Thanks in advance.
Juan

@ 2019-01-23 17:25           ` Gary Bisson
From: Gary Bisson @ 2019-01-23 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

Please try with playbin at first:
$ gst-launch-1.0 -v playbin uri=file:///video.mp4

Do you see it using vpudec?

Regards,

Gary Bisson
Boundary Devices, LLC
www.boundarydevices.com

Gary Bisson
Boundary Devices, LLC
www.boundarydevices.com

@ 2019-01-23 19:24             ` Juan A. Rubio
From: Juan A. Rubio @ 2019-01-23 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

I looks like 'playbin' tries to use 'avdec_h264'...

# gst-launch-1.0 -v playbin uri=file:///opt/video.mp4
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: ring-buffer-max-size = 0
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: buffer-size = -1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: buffer-duration = -1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: use-buffering = false
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: download = false
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: uri = file:///opt/video.mp4
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: connection-speed = 0
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: source =
"\(GstFileSrc\)\ source"
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = video/quicktime, variant=(string)iso
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = NULL
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstMultiQueue:multiqueue0.GstPad:src_0:
caps = video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)avc, alignment=(string)au,
level=(string)3, profile=(string)high,
codec_data=(buffer)0164001effe100196764001eacd940a03db011000003000100000300320f162d9601000668ebe3cb22c0,
width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)25/1,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1
max8903-charger max8903 at 0: USB Charger Connected.
ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: EHCI Host Controller
ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected
max8903-charger max8903 at 0: USB Charger Disconnected.
ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: remove, state 1
usb usb2: USB disconnect, device number 1
ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.0: USB bus 2 deregistered
Redistribute latency...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/avdec_h264:avdec_h264-0.GstPad:sink:
caps = video/x-h264, stream-format=(string)avc, alignment=(string)au,
level=(string)3, profile=(string)high,
codec_data=(buffer)0164001effe100196764001eacd940a03db011000003000100000300320f162d9601000668ebe3cb22c0,
width=(int)640, height=(int)480, framerate=(fraction)25/1,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstMultiQueue:multiqueue0:
max-size-buffers = 5
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstMultiQueue:multiqueue0:
max-size-time = 0
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstMultiQueue:multiqueue0:
max-size-bytes = 2097152
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstMultiQueue:multiqueue0.GstMultiQueuePad:sink_0:
[...]
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/avdec_h264:avdec_h264-0.GstPad:src:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstInputSelector:inputselector0.GstSelectorPad:sink_0:
always-ok = false
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstInputSelector:inputselector0.GstSelectorPad:sink_0:
active = true
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstInputSelector:inputselector0: active-pad =
"\(GstSelectorPad\)\ sink_0"
Missing element: GStreamer element videoconvert
WARNING: from element /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink:
Missing element 'videoconvert' - check your GStreamer installation.
Additional debug info:
gstplaysink.c(1507): gen_video_deinterlace_chain ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink:
video rendering might fail
Missing element: GStreamer element deinterlace
WARNING: from element /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink:
Missing element 'deinterlace' - check your GStreamer installation.
Additional debug info:
gstplaysink.c(1520): gen_video_deinterlace_chain ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink:
deinterlacing won't work

(gst-launch-1.0:461): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_unlink: assertion
'GST_PAD_IS_SRC (srcpad)' failed

(gst-launch-1.0:461): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_link_full:
assertion 'GST_PAD_IS_SRC (srcpad)' failed
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstInputSelector:inputselector0.GstPad:src: caps
= video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640, height=(int)480,
interlace-mode=(string)progressive, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1,
chroma-site=(string)mpeg2, colorimetry=(string)bt601,
framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink.GstGhostPad:video_sink.GstProxyPad:proxypad4:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstStreamSynchronizer:streamsynchronizer0.GstPad:src_0:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstBin:vdbin.GstGhostPad:sink.GstProxyPad:proxypad8:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstBin:vdbin.GstGhostPad:sink:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstStreamSynchronizer:streamsynchronizer0.GstPad:sink_0:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink.GstGhostPad:video_sink: caps
= video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640, height=(int)480,
interlace-mode=(string)progressive, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1,
chroma-smax8903-charger max8903 at 0: USB Charger Connected.
ite=(string)mpeg2, colorimetry=(smax8903-charger max8903 at 0: USB
Charger Disconnected.
tring)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstInputSelector:inputselector0.GstSelectorPad:sink_0:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0.GstGhostPad:src_0.GstProxyPad:proxypad3:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0.GstDecodePad:src_0.GstProxyPad:proxypad2:
caps = video/x-raw, format=(string)I420, width=(int)640,
height=(int)480, interlace-mode=(string)progressive,
pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, chroma-site=(string)mpeg2,
colorimetry=(string)bt601, framerate=(fraction)25/1
Redistribute latency...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstInputSelector:inputselector0.GstSelectorPad:sink_0:
tags = taglist, video-codec=(string)"H.264\ /\ AVC",
bitrate=(uint)385285;
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstInputSelector:inputselector0.GstSelectorPad:sink_0:
tags = taglist, video-codec=(string)"H.264\ /\ AVC",
bitrate=(uint)385285, encoder=(string)Lavf56.40.101,
container-format=(string)"ISO\ MP4/M4A";
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
qtdemux.c(6033): gst_qtdemux_loop ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked (-1)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Note that 'imxvpudec' is found by gst-inspect

# gst-inspect-1.0 imxvpudec
Factory Details:
  Rank                     primary + 1 (257)
  Long-name                Freescale VPU video decoder
  Klass                    Codec/Decoder/Video
  Description              hardware-accelerated video decoding using
the Freescale VPU engine
  Author                   Carlos Rafael Giani <dv@pseudoterminal.org>

Plugin Details:
  Name                     imxvpu
  Description              video en- and decoder elements using the
Freescale i.MX VPU
  Filename                 /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0/libgstimxvpu.so
  Version                  0.13.0
  License                  LGPL
  Source module            gstreamer-imx
  Binary package           Unknown package release
  Origin URL               Unknown package origin

GObject
 +----GInitiallyUnowned
       +----GstObject
             +----GstElement
                   +----GstVideoDecoder
                         +----GstImxVpuDecoder

Pad Templates:
  SINK template: 'sink'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      video/x-h264
                 parsed: true
          stream-format: byte-stream
              alignment: au
      video/mpeg
                 parsed: true
           systemstream: false
            mpegversion: [ 1, 2 ]
      video/mpeg
                 parsed: true
            mpegversion: 4
      video/x-divx
            divxversion: [ 5, 6 ]
      video/x-xvid
      video/x-h263
                variant: itu
      image/jpeg
      video/x-wmv
             wmvversion: 3
                 format: { (string)WVC1, (string)WMV3 }
      video/x-vp8

  SRC template: 'src'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      video/x-raw
                 format: { (string)I420, (string)Y42B, (string)Y444,
(string)NV12, (string)NV16, (string)NV24, (string)GRAY8 }
                  width: [ 16, 2147483647 ]
                 height: [ 16, 2147483647 ]
              framerate: [ 0/1, 2147483647/1 ]
         interlace-mode: { (string)progressive, (string)interleaved }

Element Flags:
  no flags set

Element Implementation:
  Has change_state() function: gst_imx_vpu_decoder_change_state

Element has no clocking capabilities.
Element has no URI handling capabilities.

Pads:
  SINK: 'sink'
    Pad Template: 'sink'
  SRC: 'src'
    Pad Template: 'src'

Element Properties:
  name                : The name of the object
                        flags: readable, writable
                        String. Default: "imxvpudecoder0"
  parent              : The parent of the object
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Object of type "GstObject"
  num-additional-framebuffers: Number of output framebuffers to
allocate for decoding in addition to the minimum number indicated by
the VPU and the necessary number of free buffers
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Unsigned Integer. Range: 0 - 32767 Default: 0

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 5:25 PM Gary Bisson

@ 2019-01-23 20:51           ` Peter Seiderer
From: Peter Seiderer @ 2019-01-23 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello Juan,

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:15:03 +0000, "Juan A. Rubio" <jarubio2001@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still chasing the issue of hw-accelerated video playback on my
> imx6 solo custom board.
>
> I'm now using the IMX6Q platform in my Buildroot config but I have not
> switched to a mainline kernel, and I'm still using the nxp kernel
> (imx6dl-sabresd.dts device tree with a few modifications, none of them
> related to the VPU or GPU).
>
> In the BSP I can see that the VPU firmware files are in the expected location:
> # ls /lib/firmware/vpu/
> vpu_fw_imx27_TO1.bin  vpu_fw_imx51.bin      vpu_fw_imx6d.bin
> vpu_fw_imx27_TO2.bin  vpu_fw_imx53.bin      vpu_fw_imx6q.bin
>
> I've verified that video decoding works using a software decoder with
> this pipeline:
> '$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=video.mp4 ! qtdemux ! avdec_h264 !
> imxeglvivsink'
>
> However, when I use the hw decoder, I get errors:
> '$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=video.mp4 ! qtdemux ! imxvpudec !
> imxeglvivsink'
>
>  'failed delayed linking some pad of GstQTDemux named qtdemux0 to some
> pad of GstImxVpuDecoder named imxvpudecoder0'

Try 'GST_DEBUG=*:3 gst-launch-1.0 ...' to gain more error info...

> Someone on #gstreamer told me that the 'h264parse' should have been
> added before 'imxvpudec', but 'h264parse' is not present in the
> gstreamer1 Buildroot package (I can see it is there in the gstreamer
> 0.x package).

Try to enable

BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_BAD=y
BR2_PACKAGE_GST1_PLUGINS_BAD_PLUGIN_VIDEOPARSERS=y

the gst1-plugins-bad h264parse element is hidden there...

Regards,
Peter

* [Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot
@ 2019-01-24 12:17           ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-01-24 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Juan,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 2:15 PM Juan A. Rubio <jarubio2001@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still chasing the issue of hw-accelerated video playback on my
> imx6 solo custom board.
>
> I'm now using the IMX6Q platform in my Buildroot config but I have not
> switched to a mainline kernel, and I'm still using the nxp kernel
> (imx6dl-sabresd.dts device tree with a few modifications, none of them
> related to the VPU or GPU).

This defconfig from Boundary Devices shows the selection of the NXP
vendor Gstreamer packages and VPU libraries:
https://github.com/boundarydevices/buildroot-external-boundary/blob/cd0df015977533ea5d62c8de010267500aa88df9/configs/nitrogen6x_qt5_gst1_defconfig

* [Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot
@ 2019-01-24 14:02             ` Juan A. Rubio
From: Juan A. Rubio @ 2019-01-24 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Thanks all,

I did a rebuild of the gst1-plugins-bad package. After that, the
h264parse element showed up on my BSP and with that, this pipeline now
works like a charm:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc
location=/opt/himalayas/videos_1860/alarms/AirFilterReplacement.mp4 !
qtdemux ! h264parse ! imxvpudec ! imxeglvivsink

Cheers,
Juan