* [LSF/MM ATTEND] BPF track
@ 2019-02-21 19:08 Stanislav Fomichev
From: Stanislav Fomichev @ 2019-02-21 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: bpf, ast, daniel, sdf

Hi,

I'd like to participate in the BPF track of LSF/MM Summit 2019. I work
on BPF stuff at Google, I recently contributed to bpftool and BPF
selftests.

Topics I'd like to discuss:
* next steps for BPF flow dissector and how to reach feature parity with
  the C-based one (see my recent RFC)
* how to extend BPF test framework with additional metadata (we had a
  brief conversation about that at LPC)

I don't think my topics deserve a dedicated 30-minutes session, I just
like to talk to people in the hallway :-)

I'm also interested in general BPF direction and how we can apply future
potential features here at Google.

* [LSF/MM ATTEND] BPF track
@ 2019-03-12 16:01 Lorenz Bauer
From: Lorenz Bauer @ 2019-03-12 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: Alexei Starovoitov, bpf

Hello,

I'd like to attend the BPF track of LSF/MM 2019 Summit. I work on L4
load balancing at Cloudflare, which uses XDP as a key component. I've
also been involved in our XDP DoS mitigation work.

I'm working on moving the functionality of an out of tree kernel
module into tc clsact / XDP and will contribute eBPF helpers to this
effect. Checking SYN cookies, possibly integration with TPROXY, etc.
As time permits I'll keep fixing small annoyances I encounter along
the way.

My focus would be getting acquainted with other contributors to eBPF,
and sharing the experience we've had using eBPF at CF. Specifically,
hitting verifier limits when generating code due to forced inlining
and tail calling, and patching eBPF at load time to en/disable code
paths because of missing global variables. Since we use / maintain an
eBPF loader written in Go (github.com/newtools/ebpf) I'd also join the
discussion around the one true loader and how BTF specifically affects
third-party loaders.

Best
Lorenz
--
Lorenz Bauer  |  Systems Engineer
25 Lavington St., London SE1 0NZ

www.cloudflare.com

* [LSF/MM ATTEND] BPF track
@ 2019-02-21 21:58 Joe Stringer
From: Joe Stringer @ 2019-02-21 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lsf-pc; +Cc: bpf, Daniel Borkmann, john fastabend, tgraf

Hi folks,

I'm interested in attending the LSF/MM BPF track. I work on BPF stuff
for Cilium, including recent reference tracking/socket lookup
implementation in the kernel, and the kernel loader interactions.

In particular I'd like to be involved in discussing support for global
variables in BPF, ELF format handling with libbpf and loader
unification as these are all topics related to ongoing development in
the Cilium community, so I can provide some insight into how projects
may want to consume this functionality.

Cheers,
Joe