* [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
@ 2019-02-02  5:48 Geert Stappers
                   ` (11 more replies)
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-02-02  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 10:08:36PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 05:52:04PM +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> > On Jan 25, 2019, at 4:56 PM, Ben Schmidt <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think I might take you up on that. I had another idea I was interested
> > > in trying, but in the meantime I have become more familiar with GitHub
> > > and its features, so I think it would be worth moving there.
> > >
> > > In what ways would you be able to help? I should be able to easily
> > > enough create an Mlmmj organisation and push the code for starters, but
> > > I would definitely appreciate help migrating issues from the bug tracker
> > > and turning existing patches into branches with pull requests.
> >
> > github supports migrating from existing git/hg repo, you can give it a try,
> > should be easy and painless. :)
> >

> That work has be done. There is https://gitlab.com/mlmmj/mlmmj
>
> For those who want commit privilege to the mlmmj  mail this mailinglist,
> just state your gitlab account name.

It is a retransmit. However with new subject and in a new thread.

Quoting https://gitlab.com/mlmmj/mlmmj/commit/7dfd56d04a548498829445de105194e39a0ddf62
which updates the TODO file

 o Have a multiple person team

Regards
Geert Stappers
Looking forward to your   "Count me in, {}"  gitlab_account_name
--
Leven en laten leven

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
@ 2019-02-04 16:42 ` Henne Vogelsang
                   ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: Henne Vogelsang @ 2019-02-04 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hey,

On 02.02.19 06:48, Geert Stappers wrote:

>  o Have a multiple person team

Look, you realize that no one really knows who you are right? And that
you not have a single commit in the mlmmj code base? That's why no one
can really judge your intentions with moving this to $githoster.

I think your actions have been a bit premature. Mads is the founder, Ben
is is the maintainer. It's their decision what to do, where and who to
do it with.

I personally don't question your intentions and I'm sure you mean good,
but as a project maintainer I would feel overwhelmed by your actions
too. Maybe you can dial it back a bit and help Ben to come to a decision
instead of deciding for him?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang
http://www.opensuse.org

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
@ 2019-02-04 22:43 ` Geert Stappers
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-02-04 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

http://mlmmj.org/bugs/bug.php?idc

> That's why no one
> can really judge your intentions with moving this to $githoster.
>
> I think your actions have been a bit premature. Mads is the founder, Ben
> is is the maintainer. It's their decision what to do, where and who to
> do it with.
>
> I personally don't question your intentions and I'm sure you mean good,
> but as a project maintainer I would feel overwhelmed by your actions
> too. Maybe you can dial it back a bit and help Ben to come to a decision
> instead of deciding for him?
>
> Henne
>
> --
> Henne Vogelsang
> http://www.opensuse.org
> Everybody has a plan, until they get hit.
> 	- Mike Tyson

Yeah, lets wait.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
@ 2019-03-04 21:57 ` Geert Stappers
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-03-04 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 11:43:36PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 05:42:43PM +0100, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > On 02.02.19 06:48, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > >       ... text previous posted in thread "where is upstream" ...
> > >  o Have a multiple person team
> >
> > Look, you realize that no one really knows who you are right? And that
> > you not have a single commit in the mlmmj code base?
>
> http://mlmmj.org/bugs/bug.php?idc
>
> > That's why no one
> > can really judge your intentions with moving this to $githoster.
> >
> > I think your actions have been a bit premature. Mads is the founder, Ben
> > is is the maintainer. It's their decision what to do, where and who to
> > do it with.
> >
> > I personally don't question your intentions and I'm sure you mean good,
> > but as a project maintainer I would feel overwhelmed by your actions
> > too. Maybe you can dial it back a bit and help Ben to come to a decision
> > instead of deciding for him?
> >
> > Henne
> >
> > --
> > Henne Vogelsang
> > http://www.opensuse.org
> > Everybody has a plan, until they get hit.
> > 	- Mike Tyson
> >

> Yeah, lets wait.

It will tell how well alive  this mailing list is.

Regards
Geert Stappers
--
Some changes go so slowly that you don't notice them.
Some changes go so quick that they don't notice you.

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-05  4:27 ` Zhang Huangbin
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Zhang Huangbin @ 2019-03-05  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

> On Mar 5, 2019, at 5:57 AM, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
>
> It will tell how well alive  this mailing list is.

Maybe fork it with a new name, so that the development can continue by others.
If Ben replied and agree to merge the changes, we can continue with mlmmj. :)
I waited for a reply for a very long time, i guess Ben is kind of very busy.

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-05  8:23 ` Mads Martin Jørgensen
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Mads Martin Jørgensen @ 2019-03-05  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

Hehe, the exactly same thing happened to ezmlm—the project that inspired me to do mlmmj in the first place.

If you fork it and choose the name mlmmj-ng, then it’ll be just like that

> On 5 Mar 2019, at 05.27, Zhang Huangbin <zhb@iredmail.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 5, 2019, at 5:57 AM, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
>>
>> It will tell how well alive  this mailing list is.
>
> Maybe fork it with a new name, so that the development can continue by others.
> If Ben replied and agree to merge the changes, we can continue with mlmmj. :)
> I waited for a reply for a very long time, i guess Ben is kind of very busy.
>
> ----
> Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
> Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
> Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-05  8:28 ` Jonathan Sélea
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Jonathan Sélea @ 2019-03-05  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

I would love to see a fork of mlmmj so new features be added and it
would be easier to contribute to it too.
I do believe that Zhang and iRedmail is very suited to create a fork :)

/ Jonathan

On 2019-03-05 09:23, Mads Martin Jørgensen wrote:
> Hehe, the exactly same thing happened to ezmlm—the project that
> inspired me to do mlmmj in the first place.
>
> If you fork it and choose the name mlmmj-ng, then it’ll be just like
> that
>
>> On 5 Mar 2019, at 05.27, Zhang Huangbin <zhb@iredmail.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mar 5, 2019, at 5:57 AM, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> It will tell how well alive  this mailing list is.
>>
>> Maybe fork it with a new name, so that the development can continue by
>> others.
>> If Ben replied and agree to merge the changes, we can continue with
>> mlmmj. :)
>> I waited for a reply for a very long time, i guess Ben is kind of very
>> busy.
>>
>> ----
>> Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
>> Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
>> Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-05  8:48 ` Zhang Huangbin
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Zhang Huangbin @ 2019-03-05  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

> On Mar 5, 2019, at 4:28 PM, Jonathan Sélea <jonathan@selea.se> wrote:
>
> I would love to see a fork of mlmmj so new features be added and it would be easier to contribute to it too.
> I do believe that Zhang and iRedmail is very suited to create a fork :)

i’m not a C programmer which means i can not contribute to mlmmj development directly.
I (and iRedMail) can be a member of the forked project and actively test it, and contribute
if there’s any work i can do.

I believe Geert Stappers <stappers _at_ stappers _dot_ nl> is the best  candidate
to lead the forked project, he already contributed few patches, and show us his passion.

btw, how about fork it with name “openmlmmj”? and maybe move from gitlab to github?

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-05  9:40 ` Morten Shearman Kirkegaard
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Morten Shearman Kirkegaard @ 2019-03-05  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On 2019-03-05, at 16:48:45 +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> btw, how about fork it with name “openmlmmj”?

That would indicate that mlmmj is *not* open, which is not true.

Kind regards,
Morten

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-05  9:42 ` Mads Martin Jørgensen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Mads Martin Jørgensen @ 2019-03-05  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

> On 5 Mar 2019, at 10.40, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard <morten+mlmmj.org@afdelingp.dk> wrote:
>
> On 2019-03-05, at 16:48:45 +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
>> btw, how about fork it with name “openmlmmj”?
>
> That would indicate that mlmmj is *not* open, which is not true.

I agree. I still vote for mlmmj-ng.

--
Mads Martin Jørgensen
“Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?” - A. P. J

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-05 19:54 ` Geert Stappers
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-03-05 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 10:42:00AM +0100, Mads Martin Jørgensen wrote:
> On 5 Mar 2019, at 10.40, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard wrote:
> > On 2019-03-05, at 16:48:45 +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> >> btw, how about fork it with name ???openmlmmj????
> >
> > That would indicate that mlmmj is *not* open, which is not true.
>
> I agree. I still vote for mlmmj-ng.

My goal is avoiding a rename.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-06  3:04 ` Zhang Huangbin
From: Zhang Huangbin @ 2019-03-06  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

> On Mar 6, 2019, at 3:54 AM, Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
>
> My goal is avoiding a rename.

We all want to avoid it, but we cannot contribute to the source code repo without
Ben’s reply and permission.

If current maintainer didn’t reply and submit any commit for a long time, the project
should be considered as dead already.

Forking and renaming can keep development moving on and benefit all users.
If Ben replies and grants privileges to commit to mlmmj repo directly, we can merge
all changes to mlmmj repo.

----
Zhang Huangbin, founder of iRedMail project: https://www.iredmail.org/
Time zone: GMT+8 (China/Beijing).
Available on Telegram: https://t.me/iredmail

* Re: [mlmmj] https://gitlab.com/mlmmj
                   ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-03-07 19:01 ` Geert Stappers
From: Geert Stappers @ 2019-03-07 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlmmj

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 11:04:51AM +0800, Zhang Huangbin wrote:
> > On Mar 6, 2019, at 3:54 AM, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >
> > My goal is avoiding a rename.
>
> We all want to avoid it,

Yep.

And we all are busy.

And we all feel fine that somebody(else??) does what needs to be done.

Then gets that 'somebody(else??)' other priorities ...

Prior in history of this project was a handover from Martin to Ben.
How much time there was with them parallel active, is unknown to me.

There is no need for a next handover. There is need for several
people being active[1]. https://gitlab.com/mlmmj/mlmmj/commit/7dfd56d04a548498829445de105194e39a0ddf62
is about that.

Groeten
Geert Stappers

[1] Active in a young project totally different
    with the active in a mature project.

--
Leven en laten leven