* bluez: install a2dp-codecs.h file
@ 2019-03-24 14:20 Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2019-03-24 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hello, some projects like pulseaudio is re-using a2dp-codecs.h file. It
has own private copy of it. To simplify sharing this file between
projects, what do you think about exposing this file as part of bluez
API? That make install would install this file into system and other
projects like pulseaudio could depends on it.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: bluez: install a2dp-codecs.h file
@ 2019-04-06 14:52 ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2019-04-06 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

On Sunday 24 March 2019 15:20:58 Pali Rohár wrote:
> Hello, some projects like pulseaudio is re-using a2dp-codecs.h file. It
> has own private copy of it. To simplify sharing this file between
> projects, what do you think about exposing this file as part of bluez
> API? That make install would install this file into system and other
> projects like pulseaudio could depends on it.

Hello, any idea about exporting this a2dp-codecs.h file?

--

@ 2019-04-15  7:58   ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2019-04-15  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Pali,

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 5:54 PM Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 24 March 2019 15:20:58 Pali Rohár wrote:
> > Hello, some projects like pulseaudio is re-using a2dp-codecs.h file. It
> > has own private copy of it. To simplify sharing this file between
> > projects, what do you think about exposing this file as part of bluez
> > API? That make install would install this file into system and other
> > projects like pulseaudio could depends on it.
>
> Hello, any idea about exporting this a2dp-codecs.h file?

We don't actually need it in BlueZ, well except for BlueZ for Android
which apparently has no users. But we could have a way to fetch it in
PulseAudio, afaik that was something similar going on some year back.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Re: bluez: install a2dp-codecs.h file
@ 2019-07-03 12:59     ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2019-07-03 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luiz Augusto von Dentz; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On Monday 15 April 2019 10:58:53 Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi Pali,
>
> On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 5:54 PM Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday 24 March 2019 15:20:58 Pali Rohár wrote:
> > > Hello, some projects like pulseaudio is re-using a2dp-codecs.h file. It
> > > has own private copy of it. To simplify sharing this file between
> > > projects, what do you think about exposing this file as part of bluez
> > > API? That make install would install this file into system and other
> > > projects like pulseaudio could depends on it.
> >
> > Hello, any idea about exporting this a2dp-codecs.h file?
>
> We don't actually need it in BlueZ, well except for BlueZ for Android
> which apparently has no users. But we could have a way to fetch it in
> PulseAudio, afaik that was something similar going on some year back.

BlueZ itself needs it for avinfo tool (tools/avinfo.c). And also it is
used in profiles/audio/a2dp.c file.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com